Make
Isuzu
Model
Npr
Year
Miles
Engine
4 cyl
I have a 2000 NPR Isuzu diesel. I was pulling up a driveway today and heard a pop and the truck was completely out of gear and first and second. I got back on the road and everything worked normal until I came to a stop. When the truck comes to a complete stop I have to put it in first gear for the transmission to engage, and then it shifts as normal when I go back to drive. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

billr

wrench
Staff member
I have moved this to the "Transmission" forum; think it will get more appropriate attention there.

I suggest you don't post in ALL CAPS. If nothing else, using caps properly helps to identify the start of a new sentence and makes posts easier to read/understand.

PS: which is it a '99 or '00??? Probably doesn't make any difference, but let's get you in the habit of posting error-free. It will enable us to help you as best possible.

scottjdotson

I have moved this to the "Transmission" forum; think it will get more appropriate attention there.

I suggest you don't post in ALL CAPS. If nothing else, using caps properly helps to identify the start of a new sentence and makes posts easier to read/understand.

PS: which is it a '99 or '00??? Probably doesn't make any difference, but let's get you in the habit of posting error-free. It will enable us to help you as best possible.
Thanks, sorry I just copied and pasted from an old post I found.

billr

wrench
Staff member
OK. Look for a reply tomorrow morning. Our main trans expert runs a busy (trans) shop and usually only checks for new posts in the morning.

bp042665

transmission guy
i have checked all my notes on this unit and dont really have a fix but i sent a message to my tech support people and should hear back something tomorrow