Honda
Model
Pilot
Year
Miles
Engine
3.5L (I think)
This is my daughter's car.

After driving a few minutes at highway speeds (appx. 60+ MPH), the dash gives the error message, "Transmission System Problem." Also, the shift indicator that normally shows PRND etc., flashes with all of the LEDs lit up, so it's gibberish. The car runs fine, doesn't shudder, skip, etc. and shifts just fine. When you park it and shut the engine off and crank it again, the indicator is off, and everything is fine. There are no DTCs stored.

Also, when the indicator is on, the computer doesn't seem to know what gear the car is in. For instance, when you are in Park and try to read a message, the car tells you that you can only read the message with the car in Park. Also, when shifting to Reverse, the backup camera doesn't come on. The doors DO unlock when you shift into Park, and lock back when you shift out of Park. Again, when you turn the ignition off and on again, everything is normal.

grcauto

wrench
Are you scanning the TCM?

grcauto

wrench
Not familiar with that tool. Does it show the TCM in the menu? If not you may need to buy the software to do the TCM.

Mikerizer

Website
www.batauto.com
Here is the code that is set: P0741
1. Gate Select Actuator Circuit Low.
2. Torque Converter Clutch Performance or Stuck OFF.

It shows the code twice; once as Pending, and again as Confirmed.

I erased the codes, and they came back two driving cycles later.

Mikerizer

Website
www.batauto.com