Chevy
Model
Colorado
Year
Miles
about 142,000
Engine
5 cyl,
I have a 2008 Chevy Colorado 4x4 with about 142,000 miles on it. 5cyl, automatic , the other day I was driving it in town ( running about 30 -35 mph) and the whole truck jerked and then the transmission was like it was in neutral. I slowed down and shifted it down in 3 and back up in Drive and it worked just fine. before I got home it did it again and then when I came to a stop sign it would not move. I had to put it in 1 or 2 and manually shift it up through each gear. once I got on the highway and into drive it acted and drove just fine. but any time I try to take off form a stopped position it is like it is in neutral. it will only move if I put it in 2 or 1. and manually shift it. I have not changed the fluid or filter since I have had it. (not sure how many miles I have put on it) the other day I did add some transmission fluid. (but I was stupid.) I used a multi purpose transmission fluid. it was about a quart low (give or take a little)

Any ideas on what I need to do or check? could the fluid I put in it caused this?

Thanks you for any all all your help.

grcauto

wrench
Do you have a scan tool? Not code reader we need to see what the range is doing.

Tag 43

no i do not. i am not sure i can make it anywhere to have it checked.