Rating flashlights according to lumens.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
asinine,

extremely stupid or foolish.

assiduous,

to work with much effort and perseverance.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

working real hard to do both, cuz if I dont, I will go nuts cuz I think we all need a bit of humour in ours lives in these pandemic times.

A bit of laughing at ourselves and others is good for the soul. It reminds us that even when the chips are down, we have a choice to laugh in stride with it, or pout and give up.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
but back to being serious, I also like flashlights, or should I say work lights.

My next buy in that dept will resemble something like this. Mucho lumens, I think, but as billr said, its what our eyes see that counts.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
our now gone to better pastures young buck had a light like this, but it was a high end Milwaukee one, that one has 1350lumens.

he paid 300ish, I think. But he has the M kit, so it was good for him to stick with the battery platform.

I only own two battery operated tools for the shop. A dewalt impact drill and a battery operated screwdriver with a very low lumens flashlight on the butt of it which is pretty much useless. .

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
My current two work lights are from the company wurth.

My first wurth light I bought sucked large. I will post a pick of what it looks like today on monday evening if I remember to snap that dwindeling flashlight. .

My second one is a gem.

I will post links if ever you want a really good work light at more than half price of a snap on one. It really lights up for the size. Rated @ 1000lumens, but I use the low setting, it is way enough @600ish and as they say in the ad, it last a few hours longer, so I only charge it when I leave work. I really do like it, and when it breaks, will buy another one, unless they discontinue it, which I hope not. I am kind of hard on the gadgets. :(

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@eddieguy, there is hope for you.

I found this site.

eddieguy

ok, I am done now, I gotta go to work.
Thanks for all the info Nick B2 I'm actually looking into some of that that you posted my curiosity can get the best of me to I once read Isaac Newton's book on Optics just out of pure curiosity I actually found it fascinating some people would be bored to death

eddieguy

Oh my, what a busy boy you have been! (Or is that "asininely assiduous"?)

I think a steradian would have flat sides, more like a pyramid than a cone, but really, who cares?

I refer to lumens as a rough guess of how "bright" a light will be, but for me the best info is gained by just turning the damn thing on! Units of light like candles, candelas, lux, lumens, foot-candles, etc. are too esoteric to be of practical benefit to me; attempts to provide a "scientific" precision to a natural phenomenon (human vision) that is too subjective to be quantified scientifically.
Lol if i could just get Home Depot to turn out all the lights in the store while i play in the flashlight isle

billr

wrench
Staff member
There are plenty of places in my HD to try out a light. Look down low on a rack, and way in the back behind the display items.

Mobile Dan

wrench
My $.02. A halogen light is superior to a LED when you want to "see what you're looking at". Halogen lets you see a more "true color", which is important when you are deciding if the leak is brown or red, wet or dry, dull or shiny.

eddieguy

My $.02. A halogen light is superior to a LED when you want to "see what you're looking at". Halogen lets you see a more "true color", which is important when you are deciding if the leak is brown or red, wet or dry, dull or shiny.
Good point it comes down to what a person is looking for with that light

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
ok eddie, here is pic of my pity full wurth lights, they are burned, they are broken, but shyte, they still work.

And if that a omen of a good work light when some taz kinda guy like me gets through with it, and it still works, I think it is good to buy. And that my folks, was a good review of the latest gen wurth work lights. more to follow, since eddie LIKES FLASHLIGHTS.

WTF is this

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
ok, I just dont get that funky trend.

I just like judas preist when I fix a bmw, I like acdc when I fix a ford, and I like the gipsy kings when I fix a suzuki sx4 awd.

That shyte is rare, like pope shyte rare.