P0174 (corrected)

grcauto

Update: either that weren't it (as Curly on the 3 Stooges used to say), or something changed. I am still getting the same P0174. Now, unlike my recent video, the B2S2 oxygen sensor is now saying about .9 all the time. If cruising at highway speed and I come off the throttle to slow down, it will go to 0. Otherwise, it pretty much stays at about .9 now.
I looked and could not find a vacuum leak. Any other ideas?
Thanks!
David
The rear O2 should be about .7 to .8 and stay steady. When it starts to switch like the front it will set a cat code so it's not the sensor that sets your lean code. That code is due to either excessive air from a leak possibly in the exhaust manifold or down pipe or the sensor is bad. Earlier you posted a P2231 which is a code for the O2 being shorted to it's heater.

infj23

I previously called "FIXED" on this one too soon, but I think it really is fixed now.
After a very long time of wrestling with this one, I finally figured it out. The code was setting quickly and every time it set, I would clear the codes. Finally, a new code came up I had never seen before: P2197, B2S1 stuck lean. This was the first time I ever got a Bank 2 Sensor ONE code; every other time it was Bank 2 Sensor TWO. With an indication that B2S1 might be the problem, I replaced it. Problem was instantly solved. No more rough idle, no more misfires, and my gas mileage is back where it was.
Watching the sensor data as I drive, all for oxygen sensors are reporting voltages that are where they should be.
Glad this one is over! Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and help.
David

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The greatest value of mode $06 from a diagnostic standpoint is that it can verify repairs have fixed a problem without having to wait days for certain OBD II self-tests to run.