overclocking, should I have done it?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The last case I bought was a thermaltake. Full tower ATX. t case.JPG

But now with tech downsizing, those PCI-e mounted SSD's are looking sharp and that prompted me to buy the mid tower instead.

I watched a video on the net, and one thing hit me in that video. The guy said, choose your case first, and build from there. I thought you had to choose hardware first and THEN build around it.

But now, with so many options available, I went with this guy's advice. A case should blend in with surroundings and deliver the performance you need. I NEED a fast PC for home/family use, and when I need it for work stuff, should deliver also.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So I went with another low end gaming case, which I thought would be pleasing in my living space where the home theater is. Here Is what I bought.

I liked the look of it. I have not opened the box yet, I am willing to return it if anyone here wants to give better advice. But as of yet, Abrad said I was just speaking Chinese.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So After seeing that video, I said I can do that.

In canada it cost me 109$. Was it worth it? I don't know, but it is water cool friendly which was my main goal. My old thermal take case was NOT.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Reviews of the case say it is limited on front panel ventilation and I agree, but I was going to modify that anyway by sawing out a big chink of the side panel on the motherside board.

I am currently going for a sleeper look. Much like my older nissan sentra's. Yes, I pluralized that. I bought two of those chain engines. What fun that was!!:cool:

Sentras back in the day were a great sleeper car to wake up the civic guy's with their bandana's and hats on backwards. :eek:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I had fun with those two cars. One was an auto, I quickly sold that for parts for the black manual one I kept, beat the shyte out of and then sold it to a civic lover. :D

But I digress, this thread is about PC's, not cars. But it is a car site after all, so I hope we forgive my transgressions.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I have actually have been thinking about this since sister got sick in dec. What is a brother to say in face f a sister who just cant let go of the vodka bottle.

It goes all david haselfof.style.