no spark issue

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
test 3 was 8.4
8.4kilo ohms is normal.

so yeah coil is shot on primary winding.

essentially, this one should be fixed.

I am going to post this here just for informational purposes.

it is essential when posting multi meter readings to include which scale you are on.

because those readings may be the difference between a control unit, or just a bad wire slash connection etc.

I hope that didnt sound condescending, cuz I assure you, a pcm heavily relies on resistance reading,.

;) :giveup::fixed:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
That being said, thx wrencher for following up.

Lately this site has been dwindling, not getting much traffick, and us wrenches have a hard time to follow through when a call is asked but we get no follow through.

So for this, you deserve an assiduous song. ;)

Mobile Dan

wrench
So ... Test 1, Passed................................Test 2, Failed....But not a total failure, just not "up to specs". ........................Test 3, Failed.....But not a total failure, just not "up to specs".
I say, "Two strikes, You're Out."and that getting a new coil is well worth a try.

Mobile Dan

wrench
Nickb2....just wanted to say I totally enjoyed that video "Green River". Thank you for posting it.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
and no dan, I have not beaten anyone lately with thier own wiper

shyte I before e.

plz wish me luck, ev school starts again, i'll post some new stuff in the ev forum, that thing went dead as soon as covid hit. anyway, here is to you old internet friend that never asked a cent, nods,

enjoy, I saw them live back when, what a treat.