Motor Vehicle Owners' Right to Repair Act

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The Motor Vehicle Owners' Right to Repair Act, sometimes also referred to as Right to Repair, is a name for several related proposed bills in the United States Congress and several state legislatures which would require automobile manufacturers to provide the same information to independent repair shops as they do for dealer shops.

Versions of the bill generally have been supported by independent repair and after-market associations and generally opposed by auto manufacturers and dealerships.

Now my writing.

While perusing the internet, trying to find software that would work with a elm 327, EASE with its mongoose was a very viable and affordable option. Well, that changed.

Who is denso? Well, google it!

Why did they merge and buy them out? How is this abiding by the right to repair act?

I invite thoughts and replies.

Is this here we want to go? When I read this, I am scared. Below is not my writing.

EASE has been directed by its Board of Directors to take actions to wind down the sales of its diagnostic and emissions equipment by September 30, 2018.

On October 1, 2018, EASE will be merging with DENSO Products & Services Americas, Inc.

As a result of this, effective immediately;

• EASE will cease sales of all diagnostic tools and related software such as the EASE Scan Tool, Reprogrammer, and QuikCode.
  • There will be no future updates to any diagnostic software, such as the scan tool and reprogramming assistant.
  • Scan Tool Versions 10 - X3 customers: Your current scan tool software will continue to operate as long as www.obd2.com and related URLs are active. It is planned to keep these sites active for two years.
  • Your current scan tool software will continue to work after these sites are removed; however, if you refresh your license after that, your scan tool will be disabled.
  • There is an update available for download that will prevent this from happening. Go to http://www.obd2.com/update.htm for more information and to download this update. All features you have unlocked, will stay unlocked.
  • Access to Ford Secure Controls will expire immediately.
  • The Reprogramming Assistant software will continue to work with your current installation. It cannot be reinstalled on another PC.
EASE/DENSO will continue to provide for the fulfillment of ongoing warranty obligations.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I don't think I am some sort of Alex Jones, but this smells just like it is written. Phasing out.

But what are the repercussions for YOU, the end user?

I have not been very eloquent and active in this regards because this site is for the end user who WANTS to fix it himself/herself.

We, as a whole, should not be mollified. Yes, I actually know that word.

If bills were passed, how is congress letting this happen? Ask yourself. Who made who?

https://www.nastf.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
The more our cars and trucks will go into a new phase, such a 5G. How will to do it yourself-er deal with such high bandwidths? And even if they can, will the auto manufacturers continue to withhold vital info and essentially buy our congress whether it be USA or Canada.

Is NAFTA also being used against us? Again, educate yourselves. Just read a few Trump articles and sneak in automotive and NAFTA and NASTF in the google search. There is a plethora of info out there, but you damn well sure not hear about it in mainstream media. Not good for the masses.

Does anybody here even know what MEMO means in this industry? I don't mean this thread to be a anti Trump thing, this has been going on since the implementation of obd I and II. Wow, I am getting good at this, my memo link worked.

Now ODB III is soon to come on the heels of low latency high bandwidth 5g in our daily drivers and you/we will all be pushed into a wall/corner we put ourselves into.

At some point, that 4 barrel corvette will die. At one point, denso made toyota sewing machines with crank windows will be phased out.

New legislation will obligate us to have forward cameras to falsify need for paranoia. Where does it end?

But most importantly, this site has been asking itself some serious questions lately. Such as why it is not getting any traffic. It is quite easy to get, if you can't talk to your car with your smartphone, it's not cool.

Gone are the days of father son friday nights fixing the beast so he can go french kiss his GF at the local drive in movie and fog up some windows. And I don't mean window 18.1 version linux kernal which was once open source etc Now it is the norm for kids to just say f it, pay for some other smuck to fix my shyte.

Phased out childhood, ritalin, now is a DSM V

Psychiatric

Need.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Again, thoughts anyone? Or should we just roll over and giggle at the tickles?

As a professional tech in the aftermarket, I come across all kinds of red tape just to get a dealership code when it should be available under law when I meet all the requirements.

For those who are over 30, think back. Was life really that hard? Where did all this censorship and self correcting matriarchal thinking come from?

Ask a few billion chinese if they like making useless stuff for the obese north americans? For them it is survival. I watch a lot of documentaries on china, and I don't see many obese ppl over there making 16$ and hour flipping burgers with a 7th grade drop out degree with a walmart synidicate to protect them.

Am I generalizing? Maybe. Probably, hmm, nope. Sadly, I just re read myself, and no. It is a fact. Did I overstep my boundaries with the title Motor Vehicle Owners' Right to Repair Act?

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ask yourself, do you really need a self driving car? If so, you just cut half the transport industry in half. Global population is exponential, that is a fact. How do you feed them if they have no use?

I love the idea that we ideally will be on mars in a few yrs, I think 2023 is now the attainable boots on the ground so to speak.

In the meantime, global decisions are being made by empty promises of global security with no regards to what the actual END user really needs just to be happy and be a productive human being.

Useless political debates such a no more wearing the cross on a chain but leting the jihab pass. Where did things go wrong. I am all for the jihab, but damn, can my own mother keep her cross on when she goes to work for the government we elected?

I know I raise question, but think about the right to repair act of our own paid for cars.

Is your x box really yours? Is the software running your car really yours even after warranty?

No, it is not. Vegan or not vegan, that was the ultimate question a few yrs ago. Global warming came from cow farts and etc and we had to tax that also. Now new studies say going vegan causes more harm than foul. Cancer growing everywhere. It not cancer killing us, it over population and motorization/AI (artificial intelligence) for a quick fix of what we used to do just a few decades ago. Which was to go to school in hand me downs, learn from books and playing real sports.

And that folks, is why I will always be a marginalized person cuz I just can't find myself to fit into that mold.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Where did the word OWN cease to exist. If you paid for it, you should in principal be able to do what you want to it. Buyer beware is no longer in the fine print, instead it is replaced by "we own you and this product forever".

Lawsuits for frivolous things galore. Old age is now a hindrance, no longer a family value. In with the new, out with the old. And then we complain we are living in an unsustainable life style. For sure we are. Just look at how we treat our elders and our young ones from just a few decades ago.

The old don't fit the mold, medicate. Our young don't fit the mold, mediate. Our cars don't work anymore, buy another one on credit. And we have the audacity to complain but do sweet f all to fix it. When one of my paid for appliances, tv's/everything etc breaks, I fix it. If I don't know how, I learn how. That is what we used to do. Overnight, this mentality just seemed to disappear. I also get caught in the game of who has the biggest BBQ and best looking living room set etc and then I wonder why it was so cheap on credit the first time but paid twice what I used to cash but fails after only a few yrs of minor use. Then when you want a replacement part, discontinued or some other excuse. Then when you actually want to find a capacitor or a surface mounted PCB parts, radio shack was bought by some conglomerate that only now sells batteries and cell phones and cheap flimsy laptops that wouldn't last a day at the shop.

Ok, now I know I am ranting. But I would really like to know, is Kev2 right? He posted a reply in another forum that pretty sums up what I took a whole afternoon to gander in my head. Good thing I left Poutine, Trump and Trudeau and what not out of it, I could be my own fox news network in my head. This thread would never stop. Like a old Alex Jones video.
Damn, need to self medicate/

Last edited:

jigfeett

The world is going to idiocracy, the movie.... Money runs it some can't pay $500 or let alone $1500 to fix a vehicle but can continue paying $199 a month for 84 months for a 10K car or suv or truck until it breaks and then he or she adds on to that loan and never pays it off.
Cheap stuff to expensive for parts.
IE. vacuum a belt and better bar costs over half what the vac costs for a new one , dirt devil.
I fix my stuff!
I fix relatives stuff
I fix friends stuff
My rant, I can buy a key online for $10 and ACE hardware will cut it for free but I can't get the key code from Dodge! I own the car! Daodge will charge me $$$$
Done with rant.
Thanks