Kia Pride 20pin interface

hamed-pc

Kia Pride Old ECU Siemens
Hi
good day
I have Kia pride 20pin Diagnostic Connector location in under hood
this is information
http://pinoutsguide.com/CarElectronics/kia_20pin_diagnostic_pinout.shtml

i need . How to connect pin to pin between to this connector and interface for monitoring sensor detail and motor talk ?
i mean witch interface compatible this care ?
i want make interface .
For this reason . Can i use FTDI Chip (FT232rl ) for this model ?
please help me for this way

Thank you And Best Regards

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok this was confusing.
i need . How to connect pin to pin between to this connector and interface for monitoring sensor detail and motor talk ?
i mean witch interface compatible this care ?
i want make interface .
For this reason . Can i use FTDI Chip (FT232rl ) for this model ?
please help me for this way
Can you give me year and engine model? I am from quebec Canada. Sometimes USA and Canadian models are different.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
AS for a 20 pin OBD 2 connector, nothing complicated there. But I won't help you further until I get year, and engine size. I know it's a KIA pride.

I will not waste my time trying to find info for a truck I can't find in my data base.

I am a very helpful person, but I need specific details to give you the right info.

billr

wrench
Staff member
I'm guessing this isn't a vehicle built for North America...

hamed-pc

AS for a 20 pin OBD 2 connector, nothing complicated there. But I won't help you further until I get year, and engine size. I know it's a KIA pride.

I will not waste my time trying to find info for a truck I can't find in my data base.

I am a very helpful person, but I need specific details to give you the right info.
Hi
Thank you Dear nickb2

This model care Similarity Engine ford festiva here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Pride
and here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Festiva

after the many year Was made in Iran saipa company between year 1995~2005 . engine information 4 Cylinder 1.3L . included Siemens ECU
this picture of ecu

and this picture of Diagnostic connector location under the hood
www.mediafire.com/view/42124hxuc55jhe4/سوکت دیاگ.jpg
also this picture of Engine my care
http://www.overpic.net/viewer.php?file=x28mvgqhn5vhb4f11mppq.jpg
i do test this page LED and self test is good work my care
http://www.troublecodes.net/Kia/
But i need scan tools interface for see real time error cod and sensor parameter

thank you .
What Do you need more information fo help me?
Best regards

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Ok, I checked out that 20 pin connector picture and it is NOT a OBD2 plug in. I don`t understand, OBD is supposed to worldwide protocol after 1996.

hamed-pc

hi
this connector is not obd2 . i think obd1
Hi Scan PRO compatible scan tools will work this model 20pin or GDS VCI KIA . Standard Scan tools for kia and Hyundai Car
But i can not Buy this model's . Because there is very expensive

i Try Build Interface can work this model
also i find original software hi scan pro on pc . and find Part of the name Kia/Pride Before 1996 . This software Compatible USB KKL VAG-COM 409.1 interface include FTDI ft232rl . i made this cable of Diagram FTDI . But Not work on my care

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Cuz my data base stops at 1993 for ford festivas. If your saying this is kia pride slash fesiva 1996, it must have a OBD2 plugin. Either I am reading you wrong, and I am an idiot, but even in Iran they have OBD2 in 1996.

I have never worked abroad but have seen many foreign cars of this era and they were all OBD 1 or 2.

I have even worked on Iranian, american made Chev Malibu`s . Was able to connect with a otc scanner.

The more I am getting into this thread, the more I am getting confused.

Because I am looking at that ECM picture you sent, it is surly obd2. But hey, I could be wrong. I have known to be wrong in the past, but I have good knowledge of this.

Maybe someone else can chime in, now I am useless and clueless.

Wish I could help you further, but for now, I can`t seem to find the right documentation and specs for what you gave as your kia slash festiva.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Also, I have NEVER seen a OBD2 20 pin diagnostic connector. My mind is hurting to try to find a solution. So I will stop for now, I need to take care of my bum knee and my GF.

BTW guy`s, the movie war pigs was cool, check it out. I liked the action.;):beer:

hamed-pc

very very thank you Dear nickb2 .
i try find witch way for this
if i Successful this way .
I will give you the news

good luck :)
Sorry for my bad English

billr

wrench
Staff member
Post a picture of the 20-pin connector, so we can see the actual pin arrangement.

hamed-pc

Hi guy's
this here

i think About Jumper wire between pin 19 and 12 . should Be Connect to interface . when ignition on and start . can to communicate .
of course i do test . when connect jumper wire pin 19 to 12 . engine speed of 800 RPM go to 1500RPM . But I feared possible ECU is damage . i do turn of engine
what do you think ?

and what different Between Ground terminal 2.0L And Ground terminal 1.6L ?