Make
Hyundai
Model
Tucson
Year
Miles
Engine
2.5 GDI
Is Asian Pink Coolant/Antifreeze the same as the Factory Pink Coolant/Antifreeze (see picture please)IMG_2177.jpg

paulo57509

If you're looking for coolant for your 2022 Hyundai, I believe the factory fill is blue.

I don't think coolant color means much. It's better to match the chemistry of the factory and aftermarket coolant to ensure compatibility. Or just buy the correct coolant from the dealer parts department.

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
Is Asian Pink Coolant/Antifreeze the same as the Factory Pink Coolant/Antifreeze (see picture please)View attachment 11471
P
If you're looking for coolant for your 2022 Hyundai, I believe the factory fill is blue.

I don't think coolant color means much. It's better to match the chemistry of the factory and aftermarket coolant to ensure compatibility. Or just buy the correct coolant from the dealer parts department.
$49 a gallon pink from the dealer. No one else sells Hyundai pink coolant? I can’t find Hyundai listed on any OTC coolant. And it is pink, not blue sir.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Check the SAE/JIS spec number on the Peak jug to what is specified in the Owner's Manual.

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
Our 2019 Santa Fe has blue coolant. I can't find the blue OTC either. No coolant list any Hyundai vehicles.
The owners manual for the Tucson says to add distilled water to the cold max line.
I'll have to study the manuals on both vehicles.. Spend $100 on two jugs coolant, one each pink and blue.
Now I did read someplace that pink and blue are the same formula. But that was questioned in a later read.

paulo57509

billr

wrench
Staff member
"MIXTURE, Antifreeze with water (Ethylene glycol base coolant for aluminum radiator) "

That is from the Owner's Manual (page 2-14). Match that up to the label on the jug, there should be plenty available that meet that requirement, for warranty purposes. As far as functioning goes, I think any coolant would work OK. Aluminum has been used in cooling systems for over 60 years that I know of, there are no big mysteries or need for magic formulas.

PS: I gotta ask... why are you even asking? This vehicle is so new, the coolant should not need to be fussed with for many years/miles.

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
"MIXTURE, Antifreeze with water (Ethylene glycol base coolant for aluminum radiator) "

That is from the Owner's Manual (page 2-14). Match that up to the label on the jug, there should be plenty available that meet that requirement, for warranty purposes. As far as functioning goes, I think any coolant would work OK. Aluminum has been used in cooling systems for over 60 years that I know of, there are no big mysteries or need for magic formulas.

PS: I gotta ask... why are you even asking? This vehicle is so new, the coolant should not need to be fussed with for many years/miles.
I am asking just for the reason that I should not have ask. About 2 weeks ago I noticed the coolant level below the Min mark. I took it to the dealer and the service manager had it topped off, max level at hot anyway. A week later the level is below Min again, take it back to dealer. Dealer says all is fine, it is normal to get fluctuating levels. I take it home (yesterday) and I add some distilled water to max level when cold.. Level holding so far.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
dang it, if your hell bent on blue, just buy this, it the best stuff around for your application. So next time you get to asking a question that MAY give you grief, never forget, the only stupid question is the one that was not asked. ;)

my advice, a [pint of this stuff next to a pint of oil and a gallon of windscreen washer is a must.

heres a link to good blue stuff.
exceeds oem trust.

btw it is pure so you can make your own mix. I like that option. especially for climate like up here,.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I have a 2016 corolla S job, what the S stands for is beyond me. It has a six speed but honestly, do not see any reason for that 6 one, useless.

Anyway, just to say, if I had to blue blue in my pink asian, I would be like saying yeah, why not, same suppliants, just a different colour.

Kind of like jello. same recipe, just color and added flavor.
flavor being merchandising and how to confuse a well conditioned client to want to maintain his car.,

;);););)

just in case you like french canadian jokes, they sell by the barrel.

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
The 2022 Tucson and 2019 Santa FE do not give coolant spec numbers in owners manual. They both specify Phosphate based EG . Zerex makes both an Asian pink and a green that are Phosphates & Organic Acids. Both have the same spec
I have a 2016 corolla S job, what the S stands for is beyond me. It has a six speed but honestly, do not see any reason for that 6 one, useless.

Anyway, just to say, if I had to blue blue in my pink asian, I would be like saying yeah, why not, same suppliants, just a different colour.

Kind of like jello. same recipe, just color and added flavor.
flavor being merchandising and how to confuse a well conditioned client to want to maintain his car.,

;);););)

just in case you like french canadian jokes, they sell by the barrel.

Would you be in the pink if I buy blue ,or would you be blue if I buy pink, ok, so my jokes...... stink.:giveup:

billj

MR BILL
Website
www.billjohnson.info
Where in the manual are you seeing the requirement for phosphate? Are you saying your manual is different from the one linked-to below??? Don't confuse this by presenting any info from a different year (the 2019).

billr this the 2022 Hyundai Tucson Owners Manual. Also the link you sent me on the Owners Manual states Phosphate on page 9-22. Am I missing something here my friend? pg.jpgom.jpg

Last edited: