Jeep
Model
Cherokee Limited
Year
Miles
Engine
V-6 Pentastar
I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited.
I need to replace the low beam HID headlights. (One is not working)
There are only limited videos on You Tube that show replacement and tgey show that there is some sort of lever that has to be moved next to the bulb in the light assembly to allow the light to be released and removed.
My problem is my hands are big and I cannot feel the lever. Access is tight.
Would it be better to remove the whole headlight assembly from the car and then deal with bulb replacement?
I really need someone with experience with this to give me some pointers—thanks.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yeah, sadly, on these models, you need to remove the front bumper lip to get to those HID,s.

There are only limited videos on You Tube that show replacement
This is the only way I know, part two is also available, hope this helps.

and yes, it sucks, but even if you had small hands, you would still need to remove front fascia for HID replacement.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
How do I know this, well, just last week, I installed a HID kit on a jeep of this year.

My somewhat big hands could get to the daytime running lights, but for sure was not going to get to those HID,s

Client came into shop, asked why bumper was on floor. I said call dealer. He did so. Mitchel even says, remove front bumper lip slash fascia.
so yeah, it is what it is.

Cadillacs are worse. ;) :giveup:

roser601

Man those college boy engineers that designed that front end sure didnt care about the poor guy down the road who had to service this pig.
Other makes and models you just reach under the hood and grab the bulb and twist it to remove-simple!
WELL-I have a few hours of B.S. ahead of me.
Might as well get to it!
Thank you for the information and the video that helps with the chore at hand.
I really appreciate the replies.
Its time to dive in and one of us is gonna get whipped-either me or that car!

billr

wrench
Staff member
The only "modern" headlamp I have had to fuss with was on a 2010 Prius; quite a chore! I don't think anything had to come off (except skin on my hands), but it took far longer than any of the old sealed-beam units I ever changed.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Man those college boy engineers that designed that front end sure didnt care about the poor guy down the road who had to service this pig.
Other makes and models you just reach under the hood and grab the bulb and twist it to remove-simple!
WELL-I have a few hours of B.S. ahead of me.
Might as well get to it!
Thank you for the information and the video that helps with the chore at hand.
I really appreciate the replies.
Its time to dive in and one of us is gonna get whipped-either me or that car!
winks to roser\