Model
impala
Year
Miles
Engine
V6
How can this be "dried up"?

grcauto

The headlight assembly has a vent and it likely needs clearing.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I like GRC auto answer, but I have found createing a cross vent cuzz the seams of the lens assembly will seep humidity in more than the stock vent can handle, drilling two small holes at bottom helps greatly to save corroded sockets and bulbs and future shorts.

That way, bottom drilled holes let water out, and OEM vent can do it's job if in fact like GRC said, may be blocked.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
With glass headlamp assemblies, this was a rather rare occasion. But with the newer plastic/acrylic assemblies, over time, the acrylic glue bond breaks at the seams and lets in water, so new holes/vents are needed to extend bulb life. Other obvious one, buy new assemblies.

Just took the "bucket" out. There are no drain holes anywhere on the unit, and there's no way to remove just the lens to get to all the condensatiion. Drilling drains would mean three holes, one for each compartment. If that still seems like the thing to do, is there anyplace better than others to drill the holes? The bucket is one molded and glued unit. Meanwhile, I have put paper towels in each compartment and using a curved rod, have gotten most of the condensation wiped out. I'm going to use a hair dryer to dry the rest of the moisture out.

When I drill a lamp, I try to find the spot (or spots) at the "lowest point" when the vehicle is level. Where does the puddle inside form? Is the vehicle parked "nose up" on a steep driveway? I like to drill in a spot underneath and behind the lens so that water does not enter the hole while driving into a rainshower.

Actually I didn't have a puddle. It was condensation on the lenses, although there may have been some. Car is garage kept on a level floor by me, but I have no idea of how it was kept before I bought it. Guess my question is: if the factory didn't put any drains in it, how did the condensation occur? AND, why no drains from the factory?

Let's not confuse the difference between a vent and a drain. A vent can handle a little moist air, but if liquid gets in there, the vent is insufficient. Adding a drain lets the liquid out, and the headlamp can dry out during the heat of normal operation. Your vent may be hidden from sight. Drilling multiple holes as Nick2 suggested is the best advice.