Do I possibly have a bad speed sensor on my 2002 Ford F-150? It’s a CNG model (Compressed Natural Gas).

Gmolds66

I'd rather be flying!
Make
Ford
Model
F150 CNG
Year
Miles
Engine
5.4L
Do I possibly have a bad speed sensor on my 2002 Ford F-150? It’s a 4x2 CNG model with 114k miles. My speedometer started working erratically then totally stopped working. At speeds over 30 mph it works again. The Over drive light on the shifter sometimes flashes, the vehicle revs high at slow speeds and sometimes the vehicle miles readout displays dashed lines instead of numbers. The check engine light did come on and the code displayed is P0720.

No one at my local parts store knows what sensor the vehicle takes because many options are listed for speed sensors. I believe that the transmission is a T100? I’m going to call a Ford dealer parts department today with my vin and hopefully they can provide better info than my local parts store. Also is that sensor located on top or the trans.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!

grcauto

wrench
I would throw a OSS in it.

Gmolds66

I'd rather be flying!
Thanks I’ll try that first. I just ordered one from Ford for $90. It will be here tomorrow. Thanks!
I installed the OSS yesterday and the problem has been resolved. Thanks again to you and all the useful information on this platform!