Cub Cadet misfires at high rpm.

NickD

wrench
One shot of starter fluid doesn't hurt anything, this does.

Making all people within a 30 mile radius sick with those fumes. to the best of my knowledge zero ethanol plants in California as well as zero electric generating plants.

Most small engines will go okay for a month or two, takes awhile, was totally ignorant on ethanol when that is all I could purchase was E10, over 1,200 bucks worth of fuel related parts were damaged at best internet prices, did all the work myself can cussed every minute this crap did to my baby.

Oh a pound of hamburger was 59 cents a pound before ethanol, now over six bucks. No more corn rolls, farmers that switch over have a very easy life, but warned the land will be ruined for a very long time with this jammed practice. And with some of our crooked politicians gone we have more fossil fuel energy that starting to export rather than import it.

Sure a contradiction with huge SUV's and pickup trucks, 99.9% single drivers.

And very possible, when buying E10 at many gas stations will only get 80 octane fuel its a mixture not a homogeneous fuel.

Ha, you are about the only guy, Bill, that loves ethanol, do you own stock in this stuff?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
A guy visiting from Timmons just shook his head in amazement that I would even having starting-fluid on hand
That is so funny, cuz I also would have shook my head in amazement.

Timmons is nice country BTW. They get some pretty serious sub zero. Not like tundra, but almost. Billr will remember I posted pics from my stint up north and posted some pics from above in plane. Nothing for miles, not a good time if you got bad gas, so we ran jet fuel A1.

In the skiddoos I mean and we heated the buildings with it also. That was a first for me, even as a born quebeker.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Well, maybe I should explain further... The glow-plugs were inop; it was easier to use a shot of starting-fluid for the first cold start than fix the glow-plug circuit. Now the glows are OK and I rarely (if ever) use the starting-fluid now.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
glow plugs? Useless.

If it is a diesel up there, just keep it running, cuz it wont start again the next day unless you got some ether. ;)

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
One shot of starter fluid doesn't hurt anything, this does.

https://thoughtfulcambrians.org/images/uwgp.jpg
Making all people within a 30 mile radius sick with those fumes. to the best of my knowledge zero ethanol plants in California as well as zero electric generating plants.

Most small engines will go okay for a month or two, takes awhile, was totally ignorant on ethanol when that is all I could purchase was E10, over 1,200 bucks worth of fuel related parts were damaged at best internet prices, did all the work myself can cussed every minute this crap did to my baby.

Oh a pound of hamburger was 59 cents a pound before ethanol, now over six bucks. No more corn rolls, farmers that switch over have a very easy life, but warned the land will be ruined for a very long time with this jammed practice. And with some of our crooked politicians gone we have more fossil fuel energy that starting to export rather than import it.

Sure a contradiction with huge SUV's and pickup trucks, 99.9% single drivers.

And very possible, when buying E10 at many gas stations will only get 80 octane fuel its a mixture not a homogeneous fuel.

Ha, you are about the only guy, Bill, that loves ethanol, do you own stock in this stuff?
At the other nick, hope you liked your 4 th of july. Welcome to 2020. Deal with it.

And to you too, I love you in a weirded way. :giveup: