Chain saw won't start hot

grcauto

When cold....DO NOT START...Use your heat gun and warm the mag real good......Does it start?....No....There you go..

billr

wrench
Staff member
But, but... the mag is probably inside the flywheel. By the time the OP gets the flywheel and its cover (recoil starter stuff) back on, the mag may already be cool again. I would rather try testing the spark itself.

JP

Moot. Just found out the oil chamber nipple broke off...might have done it when I was disassembling it. Thanks for the info, Gents. Don't want to put any more $ into it. Used the primer bulb to repair my homelight saw.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
going to see these guys tonight, friends and family fireworks and all that nice stuff.

For you americans, you have 4th of juillet. For us french canadians it is the 24 of july. It is called la fete des patriots. https://www.ville.st-hyacinthe.qc.ca/fete-nationale

here is an example of what should be a goood finnally to bbq, my buddies, my sister and just all around family fun.

On mind, almost 50 years old now, when cold, and to squeeze the throttle push a button that held the carb valve opened a bit, also had to pull out the choke knob out. When hot, do nothing, just pull on the starter cord.

Is a two cycle engine had to constantly clean the sparkplug. adding an ounce of Seafoam to a gallon of ethanol free gas helped a little in keeping it cleaner.

Old ones have two needle valves for run and idle, EPA outlawed these things, just the slightest amount of film on the jets, won't start and will wear your arm out, ethanol causes that film.

JP

Is it sold?
Cant remember how that thread finished, so I am asking that here, if you don't mind.

Sold it and bought an 07 Solstice. Perfect day yesterday for a drive with the top down.

In 1971 purchased 6 acres with virgin timber on it, bush, fallen trees, undesirable growth, took over five years to clean it up and make it look nice with several chain saws and my Ford tractor. Will never do this again, only have a 1/3 acre now with lots of trees, had to take down three trees a year ago due to Chinese ashbore. But yard is small enough to use electrics with a long extension core. Start instantly when pulling the trigger and a heck of a lot more torque than a gas one.