Audew OBD2 code reader WIFI Reader/Scanner review.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well, I took the time to check this thing out.

First thing I liked about it was that the led lights were facing the right way.

After that, things came to a very abrupt halt in the like dept.

The package came to me unboxed, once opened and inside, all there was, was the dongle and a small paper note telling me I had to google stuff to get it to work.

All other v-gate chips I get come with at least cross platform cd or some form of info more than came in the box. Not even a cd to start for beginners. Nada. For the audew. Just looked like a repacked error.

Site, suggested HEAVILY "torque pro app" and other such chines clone.

Tried hooking it up to many platforms, just the act of doing this overheated the dongle. I could feel the IC inside getting hot.

I pushed it as much as a cheap "BT" V-gate 13$ clone. https://www.google.com/search?q=vga...AUIECgD&biw=1130&bih=624#imgrc=MpQA_Sagw8TWDM:

Universal codes that should work wouldn't. Trouble seeing wifi if you knelt down behind a rock etc.

Basically, not worth the 13$ this asks for. https://www.audew.com/Audew-Car-WiFi-OBDII-Reader-or-Scanner-p-100059.html

I could not try it with any of my known stuff cuz it just overheated and that is it folks.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Somewhere in here will be a conclusion to my very brief review of the 13$ obd2 WiFi code reader from audew.

It is a china clone. Should be bought in bulk and expect 2 or 3 in 10 to work. This one didn't. Hence the cheap PCB and IC that just could not take what a real ELM chip can do in regards to real bi directional data and command.

I tend to be of the kind that says nice things.

But this thing was a dissapointment. I came time ready with all kinds of goodies to shoot at this dongle.

Laptop, Autel scanner, apple cell phone, andoid cell phone. and even a symbian based cellphone.

P.O.S> failed at almost everything until I accessed it with my maxisys 908p.

Andoid torque pro took over and once data flowed, it cooked. !!!:eek: The dongle, I mean.

Sounds like a company who bought a whole bunch of amazon surplus and rebranded a few stickers hoping to make $$$ of what other ppl already knew was shyte to begin with....

Was I nice in this review? Yes. Your stuff doesn't stink. It is just worth what you pat for. Even then, the company PDG probably doesn't even know what the half is going through his " marketing dept "/

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I ended up breaking two ribs on my right side. The 7th and 8th ones.

I was attempting to film a sequence of film to show many devices that worked with I/M readiness/mode 6 protocals and such.

We had just had some freezing rain in the kind of very arctic in freezing thereafter.

I used a very well respected think pad "lenovo" business chassis. It is a very good computer and fried this chip if it wanted to. But They claim a way stronger type chip on the website, and when actually pushed it, it flamed out, literally.

I say it is the same chip as one 90% OF THE REST ON E BAY LAND.

So, that is it. CHEAP. NOT WORTH THE TIME TO EVEN SHIP IT.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I even tried it on my home pc wifi network. Couldn't get through the wall. BT v-gate one sees it all day to next street. WiFi Sniffer sucks. Again, cheap PCB made for dump. Wouldn't pass product quality division twice where I live and make stuff.