Make
Chevy
Model
Malibu
Year
Miles
Engine
2.4L ECOTEC
Hey all! I’m new here and new to working on transmissions but I really wanna learn! Please excuse any weird wording or me not understanding any terms you guys say. I have a pretty solid understanding but still learning :)

With that being said here we go!

I own a 2012 Chevy Malibu with the 2.4L ECOTEC paired with a 6T40 Gen 2iirc.I have some weird issues with shifting.

When the trans is still "cold": Shifts up fine with very little jolting. Downshifting from 5th to 4th is rough and sometimes 3rd to 2nd is rough but not too bad..

When the trans is "hot": 1st to 2nd is normal but tonight there was a delay however, when the trans goes to shift into 3rd I loose power or "falling out of gear?" until it either bangs into 2nd or 1st. The shifts during this period are extreamly harsh and happens a few times on some occasions....

Shifting to drive has a few sec delay

Codes:
P0700-Limp mode/gen failure
P0747-Pressure control solenoid A stuck ON (Just happened tonight)
P0797-Pressure control solenoid C stuck OFF

Heres a vid of what happens when its hot:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4LBabKZsgU

Recently when shifting into 4th it feels like it’s slipps a tiny bit then catches. I believe the failure is In the TEHCM and or Valve Body. I’m planning on replacing the TEHCM and valve body as well as the trans filter in 2 weeks but I wanna be 100%. Any opinions? Thank you all!
PS sorry for any formatting issue, I’m typing this on my phone before work;)

I just realized I posted in the wrong section. Mods, can you please move this to the correct section

billr

wrench
Staff member
I'll ask for it to be moved to the Trans forum.

grcauto

You are having an issue with pressure and possibly the solenoid. The bangs are a result of the line pressure being full with no regulation. Do you have a scanner? Not code reader, we want live data and reading the trans module.

bp042665

hunting nut
this unit is very common on the wave plate in the 3-5 / Rev Drum and it can take out 456 clutch also so how is reverse under trottle does it shudder or slip ?