2011 camry stalls at stoplight

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I don't think an innova can be that precise and graph two scales at the same time. I downloaded the manual for the innova 3160d, and I can pretty much back up what I just wrote. Mind you, it is a sweet CODE reader as it does abs and restraints as well. If the op wants, I can answer the question he asked of GRC. Maybe opt for something pc related. Even an elm 327 on a smart phone will graph better than an innova. Just make sure you stick with the earlier versions or bust a nut and actually buy a 100$ elm which does real well with pc/laptop software. I am trying to linux kernal something right now, don't know how that phone will end up, probably will brick a few before I gat a result. Anyway, as usual, I can't stop myself. https://innova.com/Content/Support/Manual/Innova/Manual_3160d_E.pdf

That innova thing is very limited in graphing, especially for a TPA (throttle position actuator)/APPS (pedal position sensor) sweep. But if it was a problem with the fly by wire system it wouldn't just stall like that. I am also edging on GRC side for looking at crank info first before suspecting another accelerator pedal sensor.

First off, I would like to know which 4 banger you have in this toy? I don't think that was specified yet. Is it the hybrid 2.4? Or the gas 2.5l?
Wiring and trouble shoot charts vary greatly between these two 4 bangers.

Last edited:

t99m

All-

Accelerator pedal d & e seems similar on graph. Today seems fine. Short highway trip produced rpm fluctuation again. Set mil light. P0304. City drive ok runs good. Hard acceleration produced dark smoke. Engine seems smooth. Could this be bad coil or crank sensor? Thanks.

t99m

it's been over a week and half. drives normal, no check engine light. I will reply if it returns. thanks for everyone's knowledgeable input.

So, what happened to correct the problem? I do't see where anything was changed or fixed. Was it just by switching coils? If so maybe a poor connection??