2007 Ford Focus ZX3 2.0 4F27E trans concerns(long)

paulo57509

This should answer your VB questions. Hopefully, you have something similar to guide you. There might be some transmission model specific differences so be sure of what you're working with. I just linked the first ATSG manual I came across at that site. The site might have others so do a search.

bp042665

hunting nut
if not reusing the factory gasket the kit will have different VB Gaskets as to different VB plates so if changing any gaskets always match them to your's

F27E

Ok, solved the problem?
When I disassembled the valve body, I notced the gasket facing the suction passage from the filter bore was torn. In the solenoid body, gasket material was in the screen of the epc solenoid, about 20 to 30 percent blockage. I used the dril bit to drill between passages as directed in the kit. I screwed up and the drill nicked the main pressure valve, but did not puncture it. I replaced the three springs in the valve body. I used the bore buddy brush to clean the accumulator bores. I used both accumulator pistons in the kit, even though the kit said to only use the new piston in the 1-2 bore, since both pistons were able to rock in their bores. I did replace all four vb and sb gaskets. The vb gasket on one side came off the plate very easily, there was trans fluid between it and the plate 100% of its surface, this was the side with the failed gasket material. The other side was stuck good. I used a cookie sheet across two stove burners and boiled the plate in water for 15 minutes. Used a razor blade to remove gasket material. The solenoid body gaskets were stuck good to both sides of the plate. I boiled that one for 15 minutes. That worked for the screen side, but the other side was stuck good. I left the sb plate in vinegar overnight, was able to clean it off with a razor blade.
Ok got it put back together, put in 5.5 quarts fluid with 24oz lucas transmission fix. Let it idle for 10 minutes to be sure the pump wasnt cavitating. Shift into reverse instant and smooth, just like before the repair. Shift from neutral to drive was instant and smooth, not a super harsh jerk like before repair. 2 and 1 also ok. The second time around, it banged into drive from neutral just like before repair. Went for a drive. Same flare up to 4k before 1 to 2 shift. Drove a couple miles till the malfunction light came on, just like before repair. Turned car off, then back on. Same behavior. A couple miles later the 1 2 shift became normal. The bang into drive also went away.
Don't know whsts going on. The problem appeared suddenly, and disappeared just as quickly.
Ill drive it again tomorrow and let you know. Perhaps one of the solenoids was clogged and now it's not? The lucas really works?

F27E

Ok, the next day I shifted thru the gears in my driveway. The driveway is very sloped. On level ground it banged into drive. When positioned on the incline head or tail first, it went from neutral to drive super smoith. On level ground, it continued to bang into drive from neutral. This car has the dipstick with the yellow plastic end. On level ground and cold, the fluid was at the top of the yellow plastic, indicating overfill. I drained about a quart from the pan. When hot the fluid is in the middle of the chevrons on the yellow plastic. When level, it shifts flawlessly from park to reverse. It still bangs into drive from neutral but half as bad as before. When parked in my inclined driveway, it makes a clattering sound in reverse, and a double bump when going from neutral to drive. Thoughts?
The malfunction light no longer illuminates, and no more p0751 so far.