2000 Toyota Tundra white smoke

Seems to be a very common problem with this vehicle. Here is one response from the net that makes sense, as usual, hundreds of others are guessing.

"My 2000 did this and there were several other posts way back about it. I called the Toyota rep and he said nothing to worry bout. Mine had the wrong dipstick so it was overfilled for awhile, but I think some else mentioned that the circumstances of humidity ,temp and emmissions systems puts to much oil in intake manifold and on short trips it does not get a chance to burn out & upon start up it puffs a little.. Mine did it for awhile when new and now will not do it at all. Guess I drive it a little harder now.."

https://www.tundrasolutions.com/threads/puff-of-blue-smoke-on-startup.7437/

Point of this is how much engine oil is being consumed, if very little, no concern, on a 94 Bravada, consumed a quart every 600 mile, GM just put in a tiny O ring on top of the valve clips that rotted away. Cure was to add umbrella valve caps like was used on a 41 Chevy.

Afterwards, was a quart every 6,000 miles, and talk about a bad carboned up engine, compression was only 80-90 psi, but after several cans of Seafoam, back up to 150 psi.

I talked him today. He said he is now driving the truck since I told him it was not coolant smoke. He said the sometimes it is worse than other times. I told him to just drive it. Its a 20 year old truck that probably needs valve seals or something similar. I will report back when I hear more.. THANKS. Tom

Can of Seafoam sure helps. Looked at the intake valves on an engine, bottoms of the valve were covered with thick carbon build up. Couple of cans of Seafoam cleaned all that off and in particular the piston rings.

We started using Seafoam in our small engines, one ounce per gallon of gas. Going on ten years now with a snowthrower and lawn mower without even replacing or cleaning the spark plug and start with the first pull.

Also using full synthetic oil and ethanol free gas. Dyno oil puts a coat of varnish on everything including your piston cylinders and rings.