Fixed! '07 Camry Steering wheel controls not working

rboettcher

Update: I pulled out the radio and found one plug hadn't been put back. Plugged it in and like magic it all works! It's amazing what having a little history can do!

Thanks again for all of the assistance!

PS: does anyone want to buy a new clockspring?!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Well, that is quite unfortunate. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I kinda feel sorry for repeating myself and edging you to buy a clockspring without actually having given you some pin point tests.

If ever I know of someone who needs a clock spring I will let you know. So if I read correctly, this issue was there for two yrs, after a recall dash board removal, and a tech forgot or badly inserted a radio connection @ radio. yes?

Sucks. I feel bad, but nothing I wont loose sleep over. I just wished I would ave posted as I usually do some sort of schematic and trouble shoot. I hope this wont prevent you from coming here in the futur.

NickD

wrench
What about trying to replacing the clockspring and the airbag was accidentally triggered, spent time in the hospital, a short friend three months with a broken neck, spend a huge fortune replacing that airbag, after installing the new clockspring, and it still doesn't work.

When airbags first came out, more kids were killed than AH drivers refusing to wear their safety belts, so a law was made that all kids under a certain height were no longer permitted to ride in the front seat.

Contemplated installing air bag switch, but laws are made by automotive ignorant attorneys that don't know crap about a vehicle. Four of my kids with three or more grandkids, had to buy gas guzzling minivans with no additional tax benefits.

That POS made in China ABS unit became law, positively worthless pulsing a one pulse per second, and close to 400 bucks for a remote tire gauge that you can't even see when adding air to a tire? Then blaming the Japanese company for airbags going off, they had nothing to do with how they were installed and how much crap the manufacturers are putting on top of these bombs.

Son was told he needed a new AT for $4,000.00! Was told this was his problem, good thing he has a dad that knows a thing or two about cars. Contact switches in his what they use to call a neutral safety switch were corroded, so would not energized a solenoid valve to engage a clutch.

Another friend paid $1,300.00 for a new PCM when just a couple of wires needed replaced. We use to use all plated 16 AWG gauge wire even for a tail light because it was more robust, now finding a lot of single strand 30 AWG wire in this new crap. And a huge cost of manufacturing a vehicle you pay for is going for liability insurance.

rboettcher

Well, that is quite unfortunate. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I kinda feel sorry for repeating myself and edging you to buy a clockspring without actually having given you some pin point tests.

If ever I know of someone who needs a clock spring I will let you know. So if I read correctly, this issue was there for two yrs, after a recall dash board removal, and a tech forgot or badly inserted a radio connection @ radio. yes?

Sucks. I feel bad, but nothing I wont loose sleep over. I just wished I would ave posted as I usually do some sort of schematic and trouble shoot. I hope this wont prevent you from coming here in the futur.
Nick, no need to apologize! I am glad that it is fixed and I'm not upset about it at all. I appreciate all of the help you guys give us. You all rock!!!!!