Tire Leaking

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by billr, Oct 9, 2016.

1. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

Can you spot it in the attached photos? That tire was put on in PA and then drive back through WI, the root cause must be road-salt, of course!

Attached Files:

2. kev2

kev2 wrench

- don't see the union label, I see mixed construction ?
    So tell the story ..... how did you do that?

3. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

"Mixed construction", what does that mean? I understand "union label", although I don't recall ever seeing one on a tire. We were on a highway at about 70-75 when the tire hit something and got punctured, then rapid deflation. The shredding is secondary damage as we moved across traffic to the road shoulder. No, I don't think the wheel is damaged at all.

4. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    Leak? where?

Must have been a very wide move across traffic to shred that tire like that. I have heard that california has very wide highways.

@billr, you should see the stuff the mines up here are literally giving away.

I know I am off topic, but anyways, my outfit up here just brought down from one of the mines an olympian caterpiller 100kw generator which I think was paid under 5g's. What a deal. They brought it to me to make sure it was in good working order. Heck, it runs great and has under 400hrs on it.

An apprentice up here power washed it down for me and if this keeps up, I may end buying one myself and trying a turnover, I see a few of these on the net going for 20g's in good condition.

Work up here is tuff, and probably about to get tougher.

I had fun at the airport the other day, had a pick up that wouldn't start, Air inuit had us rent them a ford f250 and I had to fit a hitch on the front of that so they could tow the planes.

It's fun trying, seeing fixing different stuff than the stock toyota echo's and honda's etc.

Good thing I have good workers gene's. It is known that northern french canadians have a tuff gene pool.

I am sorry to say this, but the inuits up here lack work ethic. It has only been a week now on the job up here in schefferville and all I see is tons of empty beer cans lying around and alot of them telling me to fuck off. Maybe if they wanted to work, they wouldn't be begging me for change.

Anyways, again off topic.

But, I must say, this is pristine northern country, almost untouched by human hands, except for the mines.

If the government could start a mentorship program to educate the locals, I would happily take a few on. This is after all their land.

That is for another debate.

Hope you are doing well.

On a sad note, my sister had a big house fire. The lady renting upstairs was cooking, I think fries or something to that effect and fire caught and basically 130K $ damage estimated.

My sister is now out of a home, good thing I went back to work for good coin, she may need the help to get back on her feet.

Here is a picture of the view of my room. You will notice an ACE hardware store, the garage is in the back. That is where I work most of the time. It is a 2min walk from my front door. Next week, the landscape will probably be white. We get many power outages and no phone, no internet frequently. The weather changes drastically many times in one day up here.

SSPX0516.jpg

5. abrad

abrad Full Member

Can of fix-a-flat and it will be good to go!!!