Things that make you go hmmm!!

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I was confronted by my own self last night in front of a fact. One of which I am truly sorry for. A new member here was nice enough to just tell it to me straight, without calling me an arse.

I thank him for that, because it dawned on me that I was maybe going down a wrong path in my personal life. Life happens in strange ways.

It dawned on me that maybe I need to take a step back sometimes to move better forward with a fresh outlook.

My life is going so well right now, I think I am auto sabotaging to create chaos.

And this site deserves better from me. There are too many good ppl here, and I would want to think I am one of them. So this is why I could not sleep, GRCauto comment really hit home. In a good way.

I am not too familiar with some english or latin terms, but I think this is some sort of mea culpa on my part.

Some sort of soul searching so to speak. In the emotional dept, I am what most would consider normal for a grease monkey. No feelings, just a guy who wants your money, when in fact, that is so far from my actual reality.

So I went on a internal emotional questioning quest with my GF. She basically told me that I have been a integral part of this site for many years, helped countless ppl with no regard for my pocket. But at the same time, I had an internal question. AM I DOING THIS THE RIGHT WAY?

So, this is me internalizing my self doubt, which I think is good to do sometimes. Most men don't do it enough in my opinion. Where am I going with this, I have no clue.

All I know is I felt bad after that newbie guy comment, and I wish for him to stick around longer

billr

wrench
Staff member
I can't say I have read every one of your recent posts carefully, but I don't recall anything that you have said that is unreasonable. Yes, sometimes you get a bit silly with some of your videos and such, but the technical help you provide here far outweighs that. If you want to point out to me what you said that was questionable, via PM, maybe I can give better comments.

PS: this is not meant to be a criticism of that other user. I, too, encourage efforts to keep this site active and useful and I think that user is going to be a great asset. We strive to consider all suggestions/advice without taking offense.

grcauto

I was confronted by my own self last night in front of a fact. One of which I am truly sorry for. A new member here was nice enough to just tell it to me straight, without calling me an arse.

I thank him for that, because it dawned on me that I was maybe going down a wrong path in my personal life. Life happens in strange ways.

It dawned on me that maybe I need to take a step back sometimes to move better forward with a fresh outlook.

My life is going so well right now, I think I am auto sabotaging to create chaos.

And this site deserves better from me. There are too many good ppl here, and I would want to think I am one of them. So this is why I could not sleep, GRCauto comment really hit home. In a good way.

I am not too familiar with some english or latin terms, but I think this is some sort of mea culpa on my part.

Some sort of soul searching so to speak. In the emotional dept, I am what most would consider normal for a grease monkey. No feelings, just a guy who wants your money, when in fact, that is so far from my actual reality.

So I went on a internal emotional questioning quest with my GF. She basically told me that I have been a integral part of this site for many years, helped countless ppl with no regard for my pocket. But at the same time, I had an internal question. AM I DOING THIS THE RIGHT WAY?

So, this is me internalizing my self doubt, which I think is good to do sometimes. Most men don't do it enough in my opinion. Where am I going with this, I have no clue.

All I know is I felt bad after that newbie guy comment, and I wish for him to stick around longer
I'm humbled by your post. I am fully convinced that I did not post what I was feeling but instead the Lord posted what I NEEDED as well as YOU.
The Lord has a way of making us look inward and to evaluate what we are doing and maybe even our motives for doing them.
Last night I returned from our Sunday night service and the message was about how we interact with others as Christians. Do we interact with our natural feelings and emotions or do we take the time to seek the Lord's mind in the matter.
My first reaction was to jump down your throat for jumping into my post which was meant for someone other than yourself but the Lord stopped me and had me consider what He just told me an hour earlier in that church service. After thinking on it for a moment I realized I needed to step back and post my response to you from a different perspective. Not mine, but His.
After reading this response from you I am now in tears mixed with joy and sadness.
I sold my shop and retired in March of this year. Since I retired I have become involved in a few forums such as this. After careful reflection I realize how many posts I have injected my STRONG opinions into without one consideration of how the Lord would have me respond. I have been bull headed and even obnoxious with some of my posts and replies (insert tears of sadness). Then last night I hear from the Lord and today I am reminded by Him, through you, that even with all my faults and sin He still loves me and is using me (insert tears of joy).
The Lord is the one you should praise for your new found discovery, or re-discovery.
I love the Lord and have gotten away from seeking his face in ALL that I do.
I pray He will have me consider this EVERY time I post or reply to someone.
The Lord used YOU to help me.
Thank you, and thank God.

Nickb2...In your "text that gets added to the bottom of every post you make", you might consider a disclaimer similar to "English is not my first language so if poor translation creates some sort of percieved offence, I will now apologize in advance."