recommend a/c guage set

Discussion in 'Automotive Products' started by Boomer, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Boomer

Boomer Sr. Member

Hey folks, I'm thinking of buying a guage set for checking A/C. I won't be using it for a shop just my own stuff so I won't need the most heavy duty fancy (aka expensive) thing out there. I may as well get one that does R12, R22, and R134a. Does R22 and R12 use the same fitting? I'm only thinking of R22 capability in case I should ever have a problem with my home central air unit. Can anyone recommend a set?

2. kev2

kev2 wrench

check out

http://www.ackits.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=01&Category_Code=RefrigerantGaugeSets

3. Boomer

Boomer Sr. Member

Hey Kev, I was checking that place out. Do you know if R22 and R12 can use the same guage? Would I just need to buy R22 fittings or are they the same?

4. TRB

TRB Full Member

Home Page:
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But R22 used the same service ports as R12.

PS: If you decide you want a set of these gauges. Please use the affiliate link in the center drop down menu. This way BAT gets a little piece of the sale. Also if you do use this link. Please email after you do as I want to be sure the affiliate option works correctly.

5. Boomer

Boomer Sr. Member

I've seen some that say R12 and, others that say R22 and R12 so I thought I'd ask.