Make
toyota
Model
rav4
Year
Miles
Engine
2.0 petrol
hello i have a toyota rav4 5doors and its locking all the time by it self when i push any of the buttons

grcauto

Is the key the only way to get in?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Obviously not a north american guy, he said the word "petrol":p.

:cool:Don't worry, we still love you.;):bat:

I will take a look at wiring, But this may be worth checking out. If you find me condescending, disregard. See my moniker below, I have changed it to accommodate my somewhat lacking english.

I work in a client based job regarding transportation of rides such as yours every day. Many of which are soccer moms, dads driving fast to work after dropping the kids off at school and what not. And most usually, when I read or take on problems like this,
hello i have a toyota rav4 5doors and its locking all the time by it self when i push any of the buttons
it often ends up with some sort of sugary substance that has infiltrated the printed circuit controling the master switch or just plain fried the dorr module which houses the PCB that instructs the widows and locks of all doors.

Hoping this makes sense. SO in this regards, I will upload the wiring, and we will look at it together.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
I remember dropping soda, and much worse, some girly drink with vodka and sugar in it on my pc keyboard. My computer went into russian automatic typing mode the next morning when I fired it up looking for morning news. That keyboard went straight into the dishwasher and has worked flawlessly ever since. That is, untill the next time I get hammered on girly Smirnoff swag.

Does exactly the same thing as when you drop a coffee with three creams five sugars on your center console of your car or just on the door getting out in a haste to not be late for work.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Now, since I am not in any way shape or form a scientist, I do know for a fact that some form of electrolysis in sugar form exists. I see it all the time with moms who can't control their children and basically scrap the familly car cuz they over loaded the kids and they flung everything out at this (what used to be) a 100000k $ car. But rendered useless cuz the sugar induced vomit got every where.

More than once, this situation arrived in my life.

Wow, nice slit on this radio to stick my lolipop in (kid says to himself). Hot day goes by, lolipop melts, mom gets back in the car, damn thing is going back from celine dion to willy nelson onto micheal jackson and next on to the new motley crew song from back in the 80's.

Mind you, all those cd's are in the trunk, liquid sugar got in there, choosing what cd it wants cus of sugar having a particular function of forming crystals that conduct electricity and also having the ability to bend/ become elastic depending on temps and humidity. I have seen ppl struggle with this for whole summers, have no issues at -30c, but as soon as warm weather comes back, that same coffee is still there.

Or vomit. :eek::giveup:

So ppl are really not that very clean. I should know, you should see the dirty habits of ppl I wade through every day. It`s f ing disgusting.

Last edited:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Something to do with zinc or lead contacts, eroding due to sugar and oxidation, creating a more than sought after electrolysis.

Ok, nother dead dog on my part. Here is that wiring.

Notice, in following pdf, door lock master switch logic board is on passenger side. To testing will be more difficult than most. But try seeing what happens when you try the other door for command lock.

Does it do the sameÉ Probably not. If so, we will go step by step into how to diagnoise each and ever switch latch etc. Toyota is a very forgiving troubleshooting company, unlike many others.

ACE 0 is wiring.

Ace 1 is digital voltmeters slash DVM tests for all switch es and such for your door lock system. They are white on black. If you don`t like the pdf`s, I invite you to find them elsewhere to your liking. Toyota, as I said have a wide free source available.

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Also, you will want to look for split or bare wires contacting each other in door jam wire harnesses. Very common also on these models. Toyota liked to use brittle wiring back then. They got better now. Bean counters let loose for better wiring covering.

The problem isn`t really the copper itself, just bad mixture of compound for sheathing of said wiring.

But most likely, if the affected button you are pressing seems to be the cause of this, and passenger door lock switch is NOT doing the same symptom, focus on that switch and work back from there. Rarely it will be the passinger side ECU, but not unheard of. So don`t rule anything out until you have verified all power and ground source paths to eliminate a faulty pcb.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So ppl are really not that very clean. I should know, you should see the dirty habits of ppl I wade through every day. It`s f ing disgusting.
This is for anybody who thinks it`s cool to bring in you ride for service when it looks like this.

Think about this next time you think you should wash or control your dog or kids. No car should look like this, but I imagine what your bedroom looks like when I tell the service guy no way in hell I am going to fix an electrical issue in a car like this. Even with the biggest, baddest gloves ever made on this little blue planet dancing around in the universe of a mind that could be so deranged to think this would even be acceptable to bring to a reputable shop for up keep.

grcauto

This is for anybody who thinks it`s cool to bring in you ride for service when it looks like this.

Think about this next time you think you should wash or control your dog or kids. No car should look like this, but I imagine what your bedroom looks like when I tell the service guy no way in hell I am going to fix an electrical issue in a car like this. Even with the biggest, baddest gloves ever made on this little blue planet dancing around in the universe of a mind that could be so deranged to think this would even be acceptable to bring to a reputable shop for up keep.

Over the years I've had a few customers whose vehicles didn't look that good AFTER they cleaned them out. PIGS all I can say is PIGS.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Tell me about it. The other day. A deawoo contraption. Rusted to the bones. Bad ground due to a leaking battery. Thing is, the damn thing leaked everywhere. But it does make for a clean floor. :eek: I put the smart charger on it first, took a good 2 amp recover cycle for a bit. So I made a mistake, thought it would be good for a 10 amp 1hr jolt. Set timer to 1 hr, blew after maybe 5mins.

Anyway, smelled to high heaven in the engine bay, but the inside of this chicks car was out of this world. Next to the car seat for the 2ish some odd kid, can`t really guess cuzz the whole seat belt system was covered in mc donalds crap and other shyte I don`t want to mention. But yeah, I will go there. When I am looking for a wheel lock in your glove box when you told me it was in the trunk, now your pissed offed at me cuz I am going through your plethora of plastic coffee mugs that actually smell like stale beer, much like me at 4:30 in the morning,I bring my son to day care every day with a few big macs on his jammies.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
What do I find under a pair of filth, in center console, grand ma dollar rama undies , not stuck, but evidently stuffed under there. and yes, the wheel lock with a wad of gum and what I think was a roach of maybe some liquid form hash, or just a wet roach from when this korean POS made it off the lot.

Jesus, I say to the pseudo lady, that means your naked in your jeans and trying to tell me I don`t know what the f I am doing.ÉÉÉ

remember, this is just last week, so very fresh in my mind. I can remember every freckle that twisted on her face when I taped her undies to the work order. Guys in the shopped laughed, they said I was going out for a good time with that one. I said, nope, skivvies tell you alot about someone. Boxing or hockey will teach you that one.

I said she can keep her dirty car, and her circuitry bizarre car to herself. First off, lazy fat chicks like this do not like car guy`s like me, cuz my summer car gets more use than your vacuum money pit that you think is in the glove box of your said jeans. oops, might get censored for that comment.

Anyway.

Girl I have now is cool. She flipped out a lot when I worked up north. She thought it was forever, even when I told her it was for two 4 month stints.

Crazy girl. I came back from the upper there north and came back flush to settle my old divorce of 14yrs ago. Even got some put aside in REER`s and shyte. She goes nuts, think I screwed any available squaw up there, contracted herpes, clamadia, HIV or whtever was frothing off the lips of the crazy girl. Instead of inviting me into my own f ing house slash home. Intead of ``Saying hello``, I missed you, how was your last 4 months, no, she flies of the handle. It almost like I had to get the cops involved. That is how crazy chick can get.

Trust me, in this day and age, it is not about how to help a neighbor. It is about how can I improve my status on your back.

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
No, seriously, how can a man work hard, play hard, and do both at the same time for another grown person, her 4 kids and my own in a middle of a decade BS battle.

I gave up a long time ago on trying to plz other women, even the mother of mine own child. I say, I will be obliged as far as you want me to. I wnated this, you wanted this, the end result is a lifetime child. I Have zero qualms about paying extra for quality. But I do have problems with spouses that use law to finacial gain over the well being of their own children.

Luckily enough, I was able to talk to a good doctor, which surprisingly I found on internet. She helped me through the parental alienation portion of it. My man guy brain could not fathom the psychology behind that certain type of motivation. This is probably the first time I talk this form of abuse here, because I am ashamed my family had to go through it all. Her name was all over the news for a bit.

Anyway, since you called for openness. This site has saved me more than you can know.

I used to come here back in 2008, with nothing than old tools, boots for rent, paying 120$ per hr when I was making 25$. Not knowing how this PAS syndrome was going to pan out. Well easy question, she got everything. Full custody of my boy, right to the few retirment yr funds I could put aside. Have not seen the boy more than 5 times in the past 4 yrs.

My son once asked me if his grand father was a bad man. I gace him a book of his grandfather. Also access to my inner world.

The passion of cars for me, the passion of martial arts for my father.

The Mother would not have it. Now paying 460$ per month. Still not knowing even what school he goes to for special claasses cuz he is autistic. She won`t give the time of day to anyone and it has been like this for the last 12 or 13yrs or so.

A guy gets sick of it, wants to move on, or just point blank shoot himself. But sonce my younger cousin was found two weeks after having hung hiself, safe to say the neighbors stooled for good reason. He must have been ripe.

For those interested, here is a link to my fathers version of philosophy in martial arts practice and involvement with self. Here is a link

https://books.google.ca/books/about...l?id=LA3FCwAAQBAJ&source=kp_cover&redir_esc=y