Poulan p3314

rjh1

Putting forth an effort to try and help others
poulan p3314 chain saw will start and run on choke only , has new carb and fuel lines and filter .. I have checked bottom end crank seal and resealed with ultra grey , it just won't idle ? did have it idling once but would not rev ? Help Please

billr

wrench
Staff member
This is a 2-stroke? Have you checked compression? It seems to me a 2-stroke would be very sensitive to blow-by due to a broken piston ring or similar.

rjh1

compression is fine , i have just a tick under 100 ... i have pulled the muff , and looked inside , and have also went as far as removing piston assy it's fine .. i'm thinking i may have the feed and return lines on wrong ... when it was idling the upper cover was not on just the air cleaner cover , when the upper cover went on it wouldn't even start ?

billr

wrench
Staff member
100 seems kind of low, but I sure don't know what the spec is for that engine. Have you inspected the reed-valve? Tried running with the cap off the tank? Was that truly a "new" carb, or just a different one? Was the strainer down at the end of the pickup tube in the tank cleaned/changed?

rjh1

It's all good ! fuel feed line on wrong port also return line back into tank had pin hole ... set carb at 2 turns each fired up runs then adjusted from there Thanks All !

Old post still making this P3314?

https://www.amazon.com/Poulan-P3314-14-Inch-2-Cycle-Gas-Powered/dp/B00080MHX0

Thought 2 cycles were history, still my Mac purchased in 1974, used it a lot, but sure goes through the gas, but had six acres. Only have a half now, so switched to electric with 200 foot extension cord. Thanks to the Chinese had to take down two ash trees with ash bore. Son helped me, wanted to use the Mac. Would not start either, but fortunately blowing choke and carb cleaner got it running.

But woke up the entire neighborhood, so switched back to electric. If you got a tad to fast with gas, engine stalls, but with electric, the torque goes way up. And doesn't wake up the neighborhood. But not good for six acres.