Outlook Acadia Traverse...best way to remove engine

Discussion in 'Domestics' started by teehee, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Mobile Dan

Mobile Dan wrench

2. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

It looks like that 3.6 LLT engine was used in quite a few different vehicles, including that Caddy. I wouldn't be too concerned about differences from what is on yours, GM was always pretty good about keeping things the same; especially where a later engine (model year) is being used in place of an older one. I think in this case, though, the "LLT" distinguishes this particular variant of that engine line; all should be the same.

3. teehee

teehee Full Member

I have the two engines side by side and everything looks the same except for bolt on accesories that need to be swapped over.

4. jd

jd Hero Member

Glad my concern doesn't appear to be real. By the way, the pic showing the Traverse body looks good. A vehicle worth fixing if you don't have to pay commercial labor rates!

5. teehee

teehee Full Member

Yes, it’s a pretty decent vehicle all around, definitely worth saving. Of course if I had to take this somewhere for repair it would probably cost more than half of the vehicles value.
    Any suggestions on factory rebuild manual? I found some online for $300 a set, but that’s a lot of money to use one time. Would a Haynes manual be sufficient? I can afford $20, lol

6. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

Haynes seems to be "least respected" from what I have heard. How about a subscription to Alldata? Most engine rebuilding is common-sense coupled with consulting a good machine shop.

7. teehee

teehee Full Member

All I need is torque specs and clearances....the rest is common sense