Let's get this forum started..

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
@Moe, maybe you could learn a bit from me, but not all the time. Hang around a bit and learn from the beavers up north.:fixed:

This site has keep me out of jail so many times it is not funny. So better this than that!! You just need to suffer through my translations.:confused:

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Glad to see you guys get the new board. I've been *trying* to read the old list for several years and it's came in pretty helpful more than once. Looking forward to being an active member of this board.

Car with the most memories,
It's hands down my 75 olds cutlass supreme I had. I wanted a 69 mustang that I was looking at on a local lot and took dad up to show it to him. The interior on the stang was basically gutted and the antifreeze had oil in it but being 16 I wanted that stang so bad I could taste it. I didn't care what kinda shape it was in. After dad finally convinced me the car was a junker we went and looked at a 75 cutlass. It was like a grandpa's car in my mind. He talked me into getting that one. The guy wanted $1200 for it and I had $600 in cash and he let me make payments on it. My dad taught me how to work on cars with that car. It never really had any major stuff wrong with it. Leaky valve covers, fuel pump, alternator, and minor stuff like that but it did get me started working on cars. I remember I put duals on it and white letter tires. It was a pretty decent car. I had the car for many years and when I got rid of it the car had 180k miles on the original motor and still ran like brand new. I could reach in through the window first thing in the morning and fire it up without ever having to touch the gas pedal. The young kids probably don't remember the old carb days when you would have to pump the pedal to get them to fire up sometimes. :D

Old thread revival.

Yeah, white letter tires.

I actually cried when I got rid of my GT stang. I was no more cost efficient than the smell of burning rubber. I lost count of all the hours I put into that stang. My biggest fear was not making the 1/4 mile.

Now, that I am suposedly wiser and older, walking or bike riding for me is an adventure.