International 4300

Discussion in 'Heavy Truck & Equipment Forum' started by Metora06, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Metora06

Metora06 Newbie

I desperately need a component locater and wiring diagram for a '03 4300 international. I have no ac clutch and cannot find the clutch relay or thermal limiter(if there is one). I have checked the hp & lp switches, there is another switch on the high side line near the condenser that has 3 wires, 2 grey & 1 green, only 1 grey one has continuity. I have replaced the control head as the switch was not functioning but still no clutch. Any help would be appreciated. Transman

2. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

I suggest you start a new thread for this, this is a very old thread and for a completely different type of vehicle. People might read just the "subject line" of this thread and go no further because they have no info for an Isuzu NPR.

3. EricC

EricC Hero Member

Shop Foreman, County Garage
    Home Page:
    Did you check for, record, and clear any flash codes after you made your repair?

4. Jim Fairbanks

Jim Fairbanks wrench

exactly what I thought....I work on some NPRs and can't find a lot on them...Jim

5. Tony

Tony wrench

I split the thread and made it a new thread.

The A/C relay should be under the passenger side dash cover.
    Pull on the bottom of the cover and it should pull off.
    But be aware that it could be that the heater control module might be the problem.
    You might try unplugging the heater controls and plugging them back in and seeing if it starts working. If it does, check the connections to the plugs and see if they are corroded or damaged.

You can also check for faults by holding the On and Resume buttons on the cruise control and watching the engine light flash.
    I'm going from memory, so it might be On and Set. Can't remember.

And is this the old Transman from years back?

6. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

northern car tech
    There is necessarily an AC relay. The system cannot work without one. Bypass AC clutch directly and apply pos+. If it clicks, good to go on that end. Then you will have to check for b codes. I am only a small repair guy in regards to that I only fix under 3/4 ton.

I think if I am reading this thread right, you have a short/open. Ohm test the ac clutch, and if you can't find a relay, build your own circuit, easy as pie.

I do not have a schematic. My database covers only light vehicle. Sorry.