Check engine codes, P0135 and P0700

Discussion in 'Transmission Forum' started by hmj36, Oct 15, 2017.

1. hmj36

hmj36 Newbie

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Chryeler

B]MODEL[/B]: Sebering
    YEAR: 2008
    MILES: 145000
    ENGINE: 2.47
    DESCRIBE ISSUE.... My car has had a catylatic converter installed and an 02 sensor bank1 sensor1 replaced 2 times and check engine light still on with codes P0135 and P0700. At first it only had code P0135.

When I went in to pick up my car. My battery had to be boosted and recharged because someone left my engine on for 3 days. Would that make a P0700 code come on.

2. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

Who is doing the troubleshooting here for these electrical problems; you, a friend, a shop, a dealer?

3. kev2

kev2 wrench

which engine? 2.4L or 2.7L?
    Agree with bill WHO is working this - the whole story - a CAT for a p0135?

4. bp042665

bp042665 hunting nut

ok if there was a loss of battery th P0700 could come up you need to scan the transmission controller and may have to do a relearn

5. hmj36

hmj36 Newbie

6. hmj36

hmj36 Newbie

The dealer repair shop that I got the cr from. After picking up car, got codes from autozone.

7. hmj36

hmj36 Newbie

A dealer, I got the codes from autozone.

8. hmj36

hmj36 Newbie

A dealer and autozone

9. hmj36

hmj36 Newbie

2.4L . No the car was for another code when I first got the car. Dealer says they sent car to Chrysler dealer for a power train code and got a new module and catalytic converter at muffler man. I got those codes on the 3rd time around. I started out with about 8 codes. 02 sensor bank 2 and sensor 2 was also replaced. Bank1 sensor1 has been replaced 3 times.

10. hmj36

hmj36 Newbie

Ok had to get another boost last night. What is thr relearn about. And will that cause the exhaust fumes to come insid the car. The fumes make sick. I'm getting feed up with these problems.

What it the relearn about. I'm going to look it up.

11. kev2

kev2 wrench

what type of dealer - they sent to a Chrysler dealer?

P0135 is a o2 sensor heater performance, The PCM controls and monitors the sensor- MUST use OEM sensor. Then a check of the circuit.

P0700 is a generic code indicates there is a transmission issue, often there are other codes.
    THe trouble tree requires the exact transmission for details.

SWAG
    A open in the trans control circuit from TIPM

12. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

I gotta ask... did it have a bunch of codes when you bought it, did you buy it "as-is"?

13. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    First of all, we need to know if this code is an active code or not. This is normally a can bus code indicating a problem between the PCM and TCM communication wise, which as BP clearly stated may code when a battery has gone dead, disconnected, etc. So if the battery keeps going on you, this code could pop up anytime so any further diagnosis is moot until you address the reason why your battery keeps falling flat on its face.

So first you need to address why you had to get the car boosted TWICE. The first time I understand "someone left the engine on for three days". I am going to assume that meant KEY at on position for 3 days. I am having difficulty reading your english.

No, that is another issue.

That is also another issue.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  14. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    To do a quick learn, you will require a OEM capable scanner which I highly doubt you have and highly doubt autozone uses one for free code reading.

As for the O2 sensor heater code, we should address that in the domestic forum if you wish to separate this thread.

So I am going to repeat myself, fix the battery going dead issue first, then clear all codes, then see if the P0700 codes comes back, which will indicate it is an active code.

If it doesn't come back, and tranny is shifting fine, example, doing its job, then we do not need to go any further here.

If and when you have fixed the battery issue, code still comes back, then as others said here, you will need a specific scanner to go into the trans module. This will require a OEM capable bi-directional scanner to read to tranny codes and to do a quick learn/relearn.

15. nickb2

Diagnostic tech
    Yeah, me too, I am very unsure here. Nobody I know would change a CAT for a o2 heater problem. Expect for the funny looking shop down the street from where I now work that has the lot full of old cars that never move and the shop doors that never open. But his sign always flashes "OPEN"

I don't think we are getting the full story here.

16. nickb2

Diagnostic tech

I would think after replacing the 2nd O2 1/1 they would have started to look elsewhere. Such as wiring, or a faulty PCM. Testing a heater circuit only requires a test light. There is probably an open or some serious resistance in that heater circuit.

So, which module did they replace? Do you have the receipt? It should be written on there what module was replaced.