Brake Fluid Flush/Replace with ABS

jd

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Toyota
MODEL: Corolla
YEAR: 2006
MILES: 100,000
ENGINE: 1.8 MT
DESCRIBE ISSUE.... The Corolla is just a representative of a Fleet of Several. Add a 1997 Ford Aerostar (Rear ABS only), 2002 Ford E450 Motorhome, 2005 Honda Accord, 2009 Nissan Frontier Pickup...

I'd like to do some Brake Fluid Replacement. It's my belief that if I keep the Master Cylinder from going DRY, I can either pressure bleed or vacuum bleed any of these systems without a Scanner to activate the ABS Module. Just keep the Master Cylinder full.

Thought I'd use a garden sprayer to pump up the bleeding pressure, buy and modify master cylinder caps to seal the pressure against a full master cylinder of fluid. Check often enough to be sure it doesn't go dry.

Will this work?

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
On a Toyota like this, gravity should be fine, Don't fuss with all that garden hose stuff. Easy cars to flush brake fluid. Just open bleeders, sit a dot 3 bottle upside down in the MC res, and just wait. Probably not the answer you wanted, but what works most is that.

Simple.

KISS. Keep it simple stupid.

jd

I'm more than glad to go with a simple solution! If gravity feed works, I'm for it. Is this the right sequence?

Engine Off, Remove Excess Fluid from Master, Fill with Fresh DOT3, Open one Bleeder at a time, Flow Till Clean, Keep Master Full, Next Bleeder?

Will this work on the other vehicles I noted? Two Fords, a Honda and a Nissan?

It seems the biggest thing is to avoid Air Bubbles getting into the ABS Module.