4L60 seems to slip at high speeds and no reverse forward at start up

ivane21

Wow, I feel like I'm right in the shop with you guys...Thanks for all the "hand holding" here...I do need it when it comes to these things...

I always get leary messing with valve bodies, worried I'll unbolt the wrong thing and a bunch of check balls will go everywhere and never get back in the wright places...or something like that.

Maybe I'll make a youtube video when I do this. I've got plenty to do now, and while I've got the Snap-On Ethos borrowed from a friend maybe I can drive and see the TCC as suggested too...not sure if I can actually "command" it on and off with that tool, but I'll be messing around with it alot. I'll be sure and give some updates. I've got a good feeling on the updated valve body as suggested.

Again you guys are great, I'll be sure and pay this forward!

Thanks,
Ivan

billr

wrench
Staff member
If I have to replace my VB, I'll get one from Central Valve Bodies in Tulsa, OK.

ivane21

Hello everyone!

I just took a couple of hours and reviewed all of this great information. Update!
Bad news first, unfortunately I never got a chance to use any of this GREAT this information.
Good news is, I still have the Tahoe and it's still sitting in the exact same place spot from 15 months ago.

Without having to go into great detail about non-automotive stuff here (discussion for another kind of help thread probably).
I just have had some big changes to my life, health, family and even career.

I really appreciate all of the effort you guys put into this and your help and I will be sure and post results.
My question, finally... When I replace the TCC solenoid and I have the pan off of the transmission is, should I replace any other parts?
Since I plan to keep the truck now? I see metal and plastic and splice in and crimp in. What is best?

Before I was going to sell it, now I really want to keep it. If I did sell it in future it would be to someone that likes to tinker like me....

I'm planning to order a bunch of parts online and take a few days off from work and also borrow my buddies Snap-on Solus scanner too.

Any help and or comments is appreciated.

Thanks again,
Ivan