2008 toyato avalon P0017

Discussion in 'Domestics' started by jessie rollins, May 19, 2017.

1. jessie rollins

jessie rollins Newbie

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: toyato
    MODEL: avalon
    YEAR: 2008
    MILES: 89000
    ENGINE: 3.5 v6
    DESCRIBE ISSUE....I recently changed spark plugs for firsts time. I broke a wire on a sensor bank 1 a and so I replaced with a new plug piggyback. I matched wires up to piggyback and started car up and the engine which was on went off. I drove car maybe 10 miles then again engine light came on again. I checked car with a diag checker and this message came up POO17 07e8 1/1 generic. crankshaft position camshaft position correlation bank 1 sensor b. I replace the sensor and engine light goes out but when I drive car light comes on and the diag scanner states same thing. I can erase the codes on scanner and engine light goes out. I drive and again and engine light come son and again I erase and does same thing. the scanner shows the P0017 in the read codes and pending codes but again I can erase and the scanner says cleared codes but again I can drive maybe 1 maybe 10 miles but engine light comes on. the car was fine until I changed spark plugs and broke one wire form a sensor but I corrected that problem . need some advice.

2. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    This is a double post, see my reply and pdf ACE0 in the other post.;)