2007 Pontiac Vibe Tranny Valve Body

Discussion in 'Domestics' started by ScottVA2775, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ScottVA2775

ScottVA2775 Newbie

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE: Pontiac
    MODEL: Vibe
    YEAR: 2007
    MILES: 135K
    ENGINE: 1.8L
    DESCRIBE ISSUE....So, I needed to replace my TCC Solenoid on this car and in order to do so, you have to get to it through the pan and remove the valve body. When I finally got the valve body out, a little plastic black piece with a metal ball on the end and a small spring popped out and I can't figure out where it came from. See pic. Can anyone please let me know where this thing goes so I can put this car back together???

Attached Files:

2. Mobile Dan

Mobile Dan wrench

[​IMG] I am not a transmission guy, but if this looks like your valve body, check out part #22, it looks kinda like your part.

3. ScottVA2775

ScottVA2775 Newbie

It looks close to my valve body but it's not the right one. Where that diagram shows this part going, there is no recess or pathway for it to go into the transmission housing. Do you have another diagram? According to the guys at Autozone, there are 2 transmissions for this car- an 18 bolt pan or a 19 bolt pan. I have the 18 bolt pan.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  4. Mobile Dan

Mobile Dan wrench

Sorry, but I am not coming up with another diagram. You might try reposting your question in the Batauto transmission forum. Are you sure this part is not in some what related to the transmission internal shift linkage?

5. ScottVA2775

ScottVA2775 Newbie

Thanks, Dan. Yeah, I have no clue where it came from and I'm not about to put the valve body back in until I figure this out. It came from in there somewhere and probably needs to be in there when it's all buttoned back up. Not an area of the car where "extra parts" are ok...lol