2006 Lexus IS250--"Check VSC" + check engine light

Discussion in 'Import Vehicles' started by David Pace, Oct 30, 2008.

1. David Pace

David Pace Newbie

'06 IS250 RWD, 84000 miles. "Check VSC" showed up on the display yesterday while my wife was driving home on straight, level road. Check engine light came on at the same time. I've owned the car for about 4000 miles (bought it in July) and no work has been performed on it since I've had it. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

2. Ford_Dude

Ford_Dude wrench

Check vehicle stability control. Sounds like there is a code for the ABS system which triggered a light for VSC, but it also turns the check engine light. If you just purchased the car it might still be under warranty. If not you will have to beg, borrow, buy a scan tool capable of pulling the codes from the ABS system.

Ford_Dude

3. 2POINTautO

2POINTautO Hero Member

Some vehicles ties two idiot lights together no matter what, a CEL on may mean the is no real VSC problem but the VSC is turned off automatically OR you may have a VSC issue and the CEL was illuminated also. Check out the CEL first to see if there is a code before pursuing the VSC. 2006, is this a CAN vehicle (OBDIII)? Try AutoZone, then an independent shop who has an OEM Toyota / Lexus scanner (Mastertech) then the Dealer last if needed.