2002 Toyota Tacoma A/C?

My ac in my truck is not running too great. It bearly keeps the truck cool during the day. But at night it will freeze you. What could it be?

billr

wrench
Staff member
Is there any "backstory" or maintenance history here we should know of? Like, is this a recent event, has the A/C system been damaged, has any refrigerant been added, is the vehicle new to you? This is probably due to low refrigerant pressure, but I'm not fond of just using one of those cheapie fill kits; more discussion is in order. Whatever you do, do not add anything with "sealer" in it, that may help temporarily for a small leak, but renders the system generally non-repairable if the problem isn't solved or a new one pops up in the future.

billr

wrench
Staff member
Is there any "backstory" or maintenance history here we should know of? Like, is this a recent event, has the A/C system been damaged, has any refrigerant been added, is the vehicle new to you? This is probably due to low refrigerant pressure, but I'm not fond of just using one of those cheapie fill kits; more discussion is in order. Whatever you do, do not add anything with "sealer" in it, that may help temporarily for a small leak, but renders the system generally non-repairable if the problem isn't solved or a new one pops up in the future.