12 Honda Accord Transmission Filter

BC

Please fill out the following to ask a question.

MAKE:Hondo
MODEL:Accord
YEAR:2012
MILES:80K
ENGINE:V-6
DESCRIBE ISSUE....
I'd like to change transmission fluid $ filter but not sure where tranny filter is located. This has a v-6 engine. I found plenty of info on the 4 cylinder engines, but nothing on the 6. I bought the paper filter and o ring from honda dealer. Any suggestions? Thank you!

kev2

wrench
I show flat filter and O ring - internal trans and and disassembly required. Not a routine maintenance item....
There is I believe an inline filter - looks like fuel filter 2 hose clamps
GTG

Attachments

BC

The part number I have is 25450-P4V-013 (pics) and so maybe this is the one for the inline?
Thank you

Attachments

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Yeah, well I have to go with kev2 on this, NOT a regular maintenance requirement for these honda.

The only time anyone should replace a OEM ATF filter on these cars is when overhauling the tranny. Other than that, fluid replacement is all that is required.

I don't know why honda would have even sold you something that looks like those pictures. If anything, the internal ATF strainer/filter should look like this on your model car. This is just a different view of what kev2 posted.

Screenshot (67).png

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
SO unless I got mixed up here, there is no mention of an in line filter, just and internal one that requires to remove and split the case to get to it. Not a job you want to be doing just for a fluid change.

I would return the filter for reimbursement and just dump fluid and be done with it.

Hope that helped.

BC

Thank you for the advice on this one. I'll return the filter and dump the 4 quarts and replace as suggested.

Thanks again!