'00 Suzuki battery ballooned

Discussion in 'Small Engines' started by billr, Jun 7, 2016.

1. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
  2. nickb2

nickb2 Wrench. I help when I can

Diagnostic tech
    Universal Mini 12 Volt LCD Voltmeter LED, voltmeter, voltage, battery, gauge, meter

SKU: 16015932
    The RaceTech Electric 12V Digital LCD Voltmeter is a high quality charging gauge. It is easy to mount with an included threaded stud, washer and nut. Just drill a small hole in your mounting surface. The LED Voltmeter has simple installation with Black & Red ring terminals attached directly to your battery. It draws very low current when powered up. This meter features a third Blue wire that is a switch function. The Blue wire attaches to ignition switched +12V, and turns the meter on automatically with your key switch. Now you can easily monitor your charging system at a glance!

Was: $39.95
    Sale: $24.95

Here is a link.

http://racetechelectric.com/i-16015932-universal-mini-12-volt-lcd-digital-voltmeter.html

3. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

That "Smokeriders" schematic is completely wrong, at least for this MY GSX-R750. I have the correct schematic from the FSM (which you provided a couple of years ago, thanks); do you want me to try posting the FSM? I doubt I have the skills to extract and post just the charging-system schematic from it. A voltmeter and big switch, both scabbed-on with tape and cable-ties, may be all I can accomplish before he leaves tomorrow night.

4. LynnM

LynnM Sr. Member

5. billr

billr wrench Staff Member

That was a year ago, we are long-past that problem. A different brand VR was installed and has worked fine. He even got a refund for the one that failed so quickly and took out the battery. As I recall, the VR that works was just 20% the cost of the one that didn't!