'00 Suzuki battery ballooned

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
So I am guessing you want to put that diode in circuit from ign feed and field wire? So your theory is that the VR is still functioning but somehow that diode went south.

Here is a link for a gsx 750, this guy was kind enough to post some schematics.

http://smokeriders.com/diagrams/Suzuki/Four-Strokes/GSX-R750/Electrical/

nickb2

Wrench. Diagnostic Tech.
Universal Mini 12 Volt LCD Voltmeter LED, voltmeter, voltage, battery, gauge, meter

SKU: 16015932
The RaceTech Electric 12V Digital LCD Voltmeter is a high quality charging gauge. It is easy to mount with an included threaded stud, washer and nut. Just drill a small hole in your mounting surface. The LED Voltmeter has simple installation with Black & Red ring terminals attached directly to your battery. It draws very low current when powered up. This meter features a third Blue wire that is a switch function. The Blue wire attaches to ignition switched +12V, and turns the meter on automatically with your key switch. Now you can easily monitor your charging system at a glance!

Was: $39.95
Sale: $24.95

Here is a link.

http://racetechelectric.com/i-16015932-universal-mini-12-volt-lcd-digital-voltmeter.html

billr

wrench
Staff member
That "Smokeriders" schematic is completely wrong, at least for this MY GSX-R750. I have the correct schematic from the FSM (which you provided a couple of years ago, thanks); do you want me to try posting the FSM? I doubt I have the skills to extract and post just the charging-system schematic from it. A voltmeter and big switch, both scabbed-on with tape and cable-ties, may be all I can accomplish before he leaves tomorrow night.

billr

wrench
Staff member
That was a year ago, we are long-past that problem. A different brand VR was installed and has worked fine. He even got a refund for the one that failed so quickly and took out the battery. As I recall, the VR that works was just 20% the cost of the one that didn't!