Not sure where the "mink" switch might be...
A diagnostics mode is available in the system to verify operation of all monitored switches or circuits. To enter diagnostics, cycle the ignition key to the accessory position 3 times, leaving the key in this position.
Upon entering diagnostics, the park and tail lamps will begin flashing to verify their operation. In addition, the horn will sound twice to indicate that the trunk key cylinder is in its proper position. Returning the ignition to the OFF position will stop the lamps from flashing while keeping the system in diagnostics.
While in diagnostics mode, a horn pulse should occur at each of the following events indicating proper operation:
1. Beginning with all doors closed, open then close each door. The horn will sound when the door ajar switch closes, and then again when the switch opens. There must be a 1 second delay between closing and opening the switch.
2. Open, then.close the hood. The horn will sound when the hood is opened, and again when it is closed.
3. Activate the power door locks in both the LOCK and UNLOCK directions. The horn will sound after each activation.
4. Rotate the key in each of the door lock cylinders to the unlock position. The horn will sound as the switch closes, and again when it opens. There must be a 1 second delay between changing switch states, or the horn will not sound.
^ Press the LOCK button,horn will sound.
^ Press the UNLOCK button, horn will sound.
^ Press the mink button, horn will sound.
5. Cycle the key to the ignition RUN position. A single horn pulse will indicate proper operation of the ignition input. This will also take the module out of the diagnostics mode. For any of these tests, if the switch does not remain open or closed for at least 1 second, the horn will only sound once.
The lack of a horn pulse, during any operation, indicates a switch failure, the lack of that input to the Vehicle Theft Security System module, or a failure internal to the module. Check for continuity at the switch, if this is good, check for an open or shorted wire between the switch and alarm module. Also, check if a new engine controller has been installed recently. Vehicle Theft Security System will not function until 20 engine cranks.