Get an AlldataDIY Repair Info Subscription Special Thanks To: AC Kits.com

Author Topic: '86 Porsche 944 wiring schematic  (Read 1819 times)

Offline billr

• BAT Mechanic Member
  • wrench
'86 Porsche 944 wiring schematic
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »
Ah, yes, another of my "Hail Mary" pleas...  it is the 2.5L SOHC non-turbo engine, manual trans, built for USA market.  I need info on the under-hood fuse/relay panel pin-outs and wire colors, specifically the 14 rectangular connectors (labeled A - O) that plug into the back-side of that panel.  Porsche refers to that panel as "Central Electric".  I do have the Porsche manuals available, but they are not easy to understand; not even sure which vehicles the many wiring diagrams apply to.  Anything that you have available might be an improvement and help me out.

Offline billr

• BAT Mechanic Member
  • wrench
Re: '86 Porsche 944 wiring schematic
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:26:39 PM »
That's the area I'm looking for, but I can't read it or blow it up for better detail.  I'm going to try to match it up with the dozens I have, they all look similar to each other and the one posted.  By doing that, maybe I can focus on just a few pages in the manuals (reading fine-print with a magnifier and all that fun).  That would put me way ahead, thanks!

Edit:  I could still use some help.  The info Danica posted matches up with sheet 2 for the "Type 944, 944 turbo Model 86" (my italics on the turbo); and, of course, there are 12 sheets to that set alone.  Oh, maybe I'm beginning to see the light... I think it is for both the turbo and non-turbo and the Model 86 refers simply to the '86 year.  I'll renew studying the set I have.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:56:39 PM by billr »

Offline The old man

• Sponsoring Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:11:06 PM »
Bill I don't know if this is part of what your are looking for, but here it is.  There is 11 relays showing here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:15:24 PM by The old man »

Offline Jim Fairbanks

• BAT Mechanic Member
  • wrench
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 11:41:11 PM »
Does this help any Bill?.....Jim
This information available in the AlldataDIY subscription
One year/one vehicle, all information including TSBs and recalls $24.95/year.
Each additional vehicle after the first vehicle and renewals are $14.95/year .
Images used with permission 2008 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved.
If you found this information helpful, please support BAT Auto helping you and others.
Check out Alldata, Donate to BAT Auto or Buy a BAT logo item

Offline billr

• BAT Mechanic Member
  • wrench
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 10:44:06 AM »
Jim, your info is correct, but I already have it; it is sheet 9 of the same set that sheet 2 was posted by Danica.  Notice that there are no colors showing on the "plug ins" to that Central Electric module?  To find those you have to chase through the other sheets to the grid location (M32 or such) indicated by the little flag external to the Central Electric pins.  Fun, especially because the color abbreviations on those sheets are German; who would have thought "GE" is yellow (gelb)?

T.O.M.,  Your info is new, I'm hoping that will help me more.

The important lesson, which most of us old-timers know, is that just talking about a problem can often help.  The info Danica posted wasn't anything I didn't already have, but looking at that and comparing it with my existing finally got it through my head which schematic applied!

Offline billr

• BAT Mechanic Member
  • wrench
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:22 PM »
 T.O.M., are there more pages to that one you posted?  I think that is only a partial of the "Central Electric" panel.

Offline The old man

• Sponsoring Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 05:26:29 PM »
Here is the other half to it.  There are three more grids lower than these.  Let me know if this is what your are looking for.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 05:34:49 PM by The old man »

Offline billr

• BAT Mechanic Member
  • wrench
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »
It all helped, many thanks.  I have it figured out now!

©Copyright 2001-2013 batauto.com, BAT Auto Technical.
All Rights Reserved.
May not be reproduced without express written consent

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information.
Please confirm the information with an appropriate manual
We try and make them as accurate as we can, but sometimes we all make mistakes.