Get an AlldataDIY Repair Info Subscription Special Thanks To: AC Kits.com

Author Topic: 2002 Honda CRV - location of power door lock relay  (Read 1471 times)

Offline aristoquack

2002 Honda CRV - location of power door lock relay
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone know the location of the power door lock relay(s) for a 2002 Honda CRV? There are no labels for them on either fuse boxes & the owners manual doesn't have any info on them.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline NickD

• wrench
Re: 2002 Honda CRV - location of power door lock relay
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 05:48:19 AM »
Use to be four bucks including postage to buy a shop manual, now figure on at least $200.00, but a ton more of common sense safety information than actual  useful information.  Could try alldata.com, looking for a component placement line drawing.  Practically all new manuals today require an additional electrical service manual, won't find that in the once shop manual.  One trick I have used on older vehicles with all four door panels removed, was to disable the actuators, and follow the click sound of that relay.  Can't find that with the noise of the actuators.

From Jim's supplied circuit, you are looking for the multiplex control unit, whatever in the hell that is.  But as you can see for the three passenger doors, two relays are used to reverse the polarity to the actuator motors.  If you just add even more relays with disabling those existing relay contacts, your additional relays will fry the system as you are applying both positive and a negative voltage to the same actuator terminal.

Installing remote entry is NOT an easy job.

Actually with board protocol, should have continued on with your same post.

Offline nickb2

• BAT Mechanic Member
  • wrench
  • help when I can
Re: 2002 Honda CRV - location of power door lock relay
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 11:54:41 PM »
Relays integral to multiplex unit. See pic.

[attachment deleted during maintenance]
When it don't work, hit it!!!

If my free advice got you driving again, please hit the donate button so I can help you again in the future!
Help keep BAT alive!!

©Copyright 2001-2013 batauto.com, BAT Auto Technical.
All Rights Reserved.
May not be reproduced without express written consent

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information.
Please confirm the information with an appropriate manual
We try and make them as accurate as we can, but sometimes we all make mistakes.