Get an AlldataDIY Repair Info Subscription Special Thanks To: AC Kits.com

Author Topic: Chainsaw Husqvarna 55 Rancher will not start or hit  (Read 2632 times)

Offline dave_X86

• Sponsoring Member
Chainsaw Husqvarna 55 Rancher will not start or hit
« on: May 26, 2011, 06:56:52 PM »
Need some help here.... My Neighbor gave me his chain saw to work on, I was told it had been sitting for a year or so....  I changed the gas and cleaned the carb it would not start with some ether help (would not hit) pulled the plug (it was new/replaced) checked the compression 145psi.  Checked the spark it was not there (pulled the coil kill switch) after removing, cleaning the coil gapping the plug and coil I got the spark.  It would go 1/8 to q quater inch if I pulled hard (not hard no spark and it took a few rotations).  The spark was bright orange not blue any ideas?  I used a spark checker that allowed varring gaps via a screw,  there was some blue there help would be appreciated.  Thanks Dave.

Offline WJR

Re: Chainsaw Husqvarna 55 Rancher will not start or hit
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 08:11:04 PM »

If the cord has been pulled without the plug being grounded the electronic ignition module could be fried.  Also check that the spark arrester is clean they can carbin up.

Bill

Offline dave_X86

• Sponsoring Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
Thanks Bill - I checked the arrestor and it was clean.  While it was off I shot some ether strait down the cold exhaust and bang, bang she came to life and ran (purging the fuel lines and carb).  Put it back together and it's as good as new.  Thanks Again Bill I appreciate it Dave.

Offline WJR

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »

Very happy to hear all is well Dave.

©Copyright 2001-2013 batauto.com, BAT Auto Technical.
All Rights Reserved.
May not be reproduced without express written consent

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information.
Please confirm the information with an appropriate manual
We try and make them as accurate as we can, but sometimes we all make mistakes.