Get an AlldataDIY Repair Info Subscription Special Thanks To: AC Kits.com

Author Topic: thermistor for CRV low fuel light  (Read 2003 times)

Offline gdmcfayden

thermistor for CRV low fuel light
« on: July 19, 2008, 08:08:04 PM »
The low fuel light on my 1998 Honda CRV doesn't work & I have traced it to a defective thermistor attached to the fuel pump/float bracket in the gas tank.  It is very simple to replace (1 screw & 1 solder connection), but I have not been able to locate one.  Honda dealer wants me to spend several hundred dollars to replace the whole assy which is working fine.  This part is probably a few dollars.  Do you know of any place I could get a replacement or similar part? Thanks

Offline Paul

• BAT Admin
  • wrench
  • I'm The Decider
Re: thermistor for CRV low fuel light
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:22:58 PM »
The way it works is the fuel keeps the thermistor cool.Once the fuel level drops below the thermistor it warms up and the low fuel light comes on.Driving below 1/4 tank is hard on fuel pumps.Fuel pumps rely on a fair amount of fuel to stay cool.A simple solution to the problem is to not let the fuel level drop to the point the low fuel light comes on.If you need/want this light operational then remove the old thermistor and see if Radio Shack has something similar.
Want A Donkeys Attention Bring A Pole Down Between It's Ears

Offline LouNC

• Sponsoring Member
Re: thermistor for CRV low fuel light
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 07:38:04 AM »
I would check Radio Shack first, but if they don't have what you need, you can try Digi-Key:
http://www.digikey.com

Lou

©Copyright 2001-2013 batauto.com, BAT Auto Technical.
All Rights Reserved.
May not be reproduced without express written consent

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee the accuracy of all information.
Please confirm the information with an appropriate manual
We try and make them as accurate as we can, but sometimes we all make mistakes.